Harpactira pulchripes

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
Again, the tarantulas beauty and the desire to appreciate it in person is kind of cancelled out when a puny sling of it costs about as much as the iPad I'm typing this on.

And that's what's holding back the hobby in this country. The average exotic animal person is not going to pay $50 to $100+ for a 1/2" sling, or god forbid, a 1/4" sling ('Look at what I got for $150, honey! as he gets hit in the side of the head with a purse). Prices are significantly lower in Europe, especially Germany, and spiders are much more accessible and appealing to the public. Plus Europe has more species than we do. As our prices get closer to Europe's, we'll get more people in the hobby.

ccamaleon3000

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Thats why I got 5 to get better chances. And im keeping them just like balfoury's thats a tip I got from the europeans

JZC

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Anastasia @ netbug is getting them..they are on her site as "coming soon". Gorgeous tarantula, but if I'm spending that much, P.ultramarinus or P.sazimai are first on my list. Also, I'd rather A.enzendami be my first baboon.

Smokehound714

Arachnoking
Eh.. I dont really like the way they look. I think I saw one in the arachnid classifieds facebook page.. It's the blue legs I don't like. I'm strange.

Driller64

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Eh.. I dont really like the way they look. I think I saw one in the arachnid classifieds facebook page.. It's the blue legs I don't like. I'm strange.
Yes, you are strange. How does it feel to be a freak of nature? ;)

---------- Post added 09-24-2014 at 05:46 PM ----------

Why does it look dead in the picture? Also can anyone give me info on this species temperment?

ccamaleon3000

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Just how it keep. I got 3 from f1s European a year ago but all females so no breeding for me until slings mature

klawfran3

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Just how it keep. I got 3 from f1s European a year ago but all females so no breeding for me until slings mature
Here are some people that try again and again to get a single female spider from a sling and here you are winning the lottery with all three being female, and to top it all off this awesome rare species at that! What's your secret?

ratluvr76

Arachnodemon
Here are some people that try again and again to get a single female spider from a sling and here you are winning the lottery with all three being female, and to top it all off this awesome rare species at that! What's your secret?
He has a deal with denizens of the underworld. clearly.

ccamaleon3000

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Well I will say luck from 26 p. Metallica slings I got 21 females and 5 males.but whats the point to have alot females when you don't have a single male and some times that male its not a good breeder. You end up whit really nice pets in you collection but cant be breed

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I would say they act like any other Harpactira, flighty, fast, nervous, defensive when necessary. I had an adult female H. marksi and 3 slings. But last winter my female died in the cold. So unfortunately my breeding group plans was shot down.
Also can anyone give me info on this species temperment?

klawfran3

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Well I will say luck from 26 p. Metallica slings I got 21 females and 5 males.but whats the point to have alot females when you don't have a single male and some times that male its not a good breeder. You end up whit really nice pets in you collection but cant be breed
well if you don't want them, I'll take 'em ;) haha. I get your point though. it's always good to have a balance of males to females, especially for rare species that you really want to breed.