Hatched some Cave Crickets!!

Kimix

Arachnopeon
They will eat any fish food, I give tropical fish flakes to all my roaches & crickets

I believe there are like over 150 species in the Family Rhaphidophoridae (Cave Cricket family). I've seen mention online of them eating each other legs, but its hard to say which species(s) that is about.

Mine still have their legs, although they are well fed.

Fyreflye

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Are these the cave crickets that will eat their own back leg if food is scarce, even before eating another cave cricket's leg? I assume alot of things are called cave crickets.
This was also my first question after reading the starting post- i recall seeing a show several months ago on Discovery that briefly went over this.

It_Glows

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
that's... awesome? I hate to say it but that's pretty cool how that spindly cricket could take on a mantis, and win. I think there's a video of a camel spider being eaten by a weta too; it grabs the camel spider with its front legs and chews it's chelicerae. Crickets are amazing insects, all Orthoptera are in general.
pfft, lets see one take on a REAL hunter, try feeding it to a scorpion or tarantula