Help with ID, please...

David Burns

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Scorps_n_Ts said:
Yes, what are you basing your ID on? I would lean more toward a young male P. irminia in MsD's case than P. cambridgei. It just looks to be displaying more P. irminia type features, IMO. :D

Sinister, thanks for the confirmation! Much appreciated! :worship:
My P.irminia,whether male or female, were black and red from sling to adult. The male turned greenish upon maturity.

David Burns

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Jasonic said:
Nope, not Psalmopoeus at all. Definitly Asian imho read=> lack of Irdicating hairs, exhibiting a typicaly Haplopelma style tiger rump. Also, has terestrial feet. Suntiger shots below have the tell tale arboreal widened "bell bottom" feet of the front legs out of frame.

Again, no way its new world, or arboreal. Start by viewing pics of some of the darker Asian species like H.Schmidti (dark phase), or H.Minax, then go from there.

my 2 cents,

-jasonic
Are you refering to the first pics in the thread or the pics that I quoted in my initial response. I was refering to the pic I quoted.

David Burns

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
F. J. A. said:
That's a joke, isn't it? :?
I was refering to the second set of pics, as per my quote. What did you think was a joke?

Don't you guys read the whole thread?

FryLock

Banned
Old Timer
P.irminia sometimes look an "ugly duck" for bit as juv's (not as sharply black and red/orange as adult females) my own do atm and are not cam or cross's with cam not that p.cam are ugly anyway.

David Burns

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
FryLock said:
P.irminia sometimes look an "ugly duck" for bit as juv's (not as sharply black and red/orange as adult females) my own do atm and are not cam or cross's with cam not that p.cam are ugly anyway.
So, are you saying that the second set of pics are P.irminia? They look like P.cams to me. I would be interested in your opinion.

My P.irminia never looked like that!

Last edited:

FryLock

Banned
Old Timer
David Burns said:
So, are you saying that the second set of pics are P.irminia? They look like P.cams to me. I would be interested in your opinion.

My P.irminia never looked like that!
Mine own certainly look “washed out” like Ms demeanours at the size they are now but I can see there developing spermathecae and maxillary lyra which I can’t see on a pic, and I also know there from two P.irm adults I don’t know if that’s the case here.

So I would say have some popcorn on me but being a brit have some nice fish and chips instead ;).

Attachments

David Burns

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
FryLock said:
Mine own certainly look “washed out” like Ms demeanours at the size they are now but I can see there developing spermathecae and maxillary lyra which I can’t see on a pic, and I also know there from two P.irm adults I don’t know if that’s the case here.

So I would say have some popcorn on me but being a brit have some nice fish and chips instead ;).
Looks good, a couple of Guinness and I'm all set.:)