Heteropoda lunula spiderlings

IncyVinceySpiders

Arachnopeon
🕸

I recently had a Heteropoda lunula sac hatch, and she's currently sitting on her second sac for me. I did put a male in with her but she ate him pretty quick so not sure if she is second clutching for me, or if this male did his job.

anyway...
My question relates to the number of slings expected from huntsman sacs. This is the first time I've ever bred/had slings from a true spider so I've been learning quite a lot. Her initial sac I separated ~230 live slings from her after letting them hatch and live together for a couple of weeks. I currently have ~40 left that survived. This seems like a massive loss to me, no doubt I have made some errors in keeping them, but I was wondering what the rough %loss/survival I should expect with trues? I'm on an emotional rollercoaster, thrilled that I have slings but also bummed that I think I've lost quite a lot. Any help would be great.

Video of mother and cubs for you ✌

View attachment VID20240207192246.mp4

Liquifin

Arachnoking
Huntsman spiders can double clutch and at times, which sometimes they can lay more than 2+ egg sacs.

Huntsman slings usually do well, but requires a bit more feedings than a tarantula sling per say. Feeding them FFF every other day helps slings survival rates in my experience. Sometimes, some slings will not eat and at other times, it takes time for them to adjust to eating FFF.