Heterothele gabonensis mating and eggsac!

Protectyaaaneck

Arachnoking
Old Timer
So at 2i, these guys are no more than 1/8 inch, right? The one in the other thread you linked above looked a touch bigger than that but I wasn't sure if that was 2i.
Yes, that's correct Pat. The ones linked in that thread were 2i, but they measure more like 1/4", and their legs make up most of that span. The eggs and EWL's are in the 1/16" to 1/8" range. They resemble caviar at this point. :biggrin:. Both of the males measure 2"+(all legs), and the female is just under 2". Those three adults are what remain of a group of 5 slings/juvies I purchased from Ken a while back.

Protectyaaaneck

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Very cool man. Congrats!
Thanks, Pat. :)

So only a few of the eggs that were in the sac actually turned out good. I currently have six seemingly healthy EWL's that are beginning to darken up. There are two other questionable individuals but I'm not getting my hopes up since both of them look like they're going to have some molting issues. Hopefully I can get them all the way to 2nd instar!

Protectyaaaneck

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Awesome! Good luck hope you get a lot of them little ones!
Thanks, Ken. Unfortunately this sac didn't yield much, and as of right now I only have five healthy 1st instars. The female has been fattened up and mated again so maybe I'll get another sac soon.

KenTheBugGuy

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
:( I was hopeing....need more of these around...good luck with a double clutch then!

Shrike

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Nice work! I was just admiring this species in your picture thread. I guess I'll keep my eye on those classifieds.

Protectyaaaneck

Arachnoking
Old Timer

Protectyaaaneck

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Just got done feeding all 5 of them and I'm proud to say that they ate like champs. :)

...And my female double clutched just a few days ago too. :D