Hogna carolinensis dropped :)

fuzzyavics72

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Wolf spiders worry me, since their bite is way worse than a tarantula bite. True spiders can kill you, tarantulas can't. I'll take an obt bite over the godzilla of wolf spider's bite any day lol. I love to watch recluse go into other spider's web and kill them.

Biollantefan54

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I had a close call with a D. crocata, I shook it off right as its fangs touched my index finger. I definitely do not want that to be my first bite lol.

noxylophone

Arachnopeon
I'd certainly be interested in taking a few off your hands. My interest is currently in keeping local species, but I've yet to see a wild lycosid here in Washington.

Last edited:

Smokehound714

Arachnoking
Wolf spiders worry me, since their bite is way worse than a tarantula bite. True spiders can kill you, tarantulas can't. I'll take an obt bite over the godzilla of wolf spider's bite any day lol. I love to watch recluse go into other spider's web and kill them.
Several tarantulas, both new world, and old world really could kill you. If a new world flicks urticating hairs in your face, you could be permanently blinded, and if inhaled, can be fatal, especially if a genus like Theraphosa flicks you. Mechanical injury from a bite can easily become infected with staph, and could also become life-threatening.

You'd be surprised what could kill you!

Hanska

Arachnobaron
Wolf spiders worry me, since their bite is way worse than a tarantula bite.
I would like something to back this up. As far as my knowledge goes, I'd take a half dozen Hogna bites over a same sized OBT.

fuzzyavics72

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I know what can kill us. I'm in the medical field and not a moron lol. It still stands that no tarantulas has killed anyone in the world, too bad you can't say the same thing about true spiders.... Also I've been bite by a couple of obts and nothing! :)

Biollantefan54

Arachnoking
Old Timer
....you said tarantulas cant kill you, Smokehound said they can. Y'all both agreed on the part that it hasn't happened though.

fuzzyavics72

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Too bad I'm not a small mammal, so I won't die and their venom won't kill you either! :) Just don't shove brachys in your mouth and you'll be fine ;)

For the record everything can kill you, but has it?!?!?!?!?!?

Austin S.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
What day should I pull this sac? Around day 25-30 like tarantulas? I don't want them eating her. As of today, they are on day 17, with temps a stable 79-83 degs.

Biollantefan54

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I don't think they will eat her, won't they just climb on her back when they hatch like all wolfs? They should just leave the burrow on their own if I remember correctly.

Austin S.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I don't think they will eat her, won't they just climb on her back when they hatch like all wolfs? They should just leave the burrow on their own if I remember correctly.
Hmm, read somewhere that they can kill the mother for food. I know they will climb on her back, but by then, it will be too late to. I'd like to have them contained before they break out of the sac. I guess my question is, is with wolf spiders, can you pull the sacs sooner? Or is the incubation period longer than with T's.

Austin S.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Mama was very u happy. But it was good timing. She's in a critter keeper. They would have been everywhere.

Austin S.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Well she just dropped a second sac a few days ago (rolls eyes). PM me if interested. I figured they'd be a little more sought out, lol.

Smokehound714

Arachnoking
I personally prefer to allow wolf spiders to hatch in the enclosure, they will stay on mom for a while and share her meals, which will make them easier to care for, as they'll be peaceful until they disperse.