• 50-99

Votes: 9 10.2%
  • 100+

Votes: 11 12.5%

• Total voters

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
I feel a little bit better now I guess about accumulating 16 in 6 months
Haha i have been in the hobby almist 10months and just got numbers 19 and 20 only because i had an ocd moment come up and 18 was an odd number in my head xD (actually ordered scorps and woulda got 1 freeby so added a 2nd t to tht order to even it up..so worth it lol) but seeing some of these numbers make me feel like i have so much control xD

I mean i have the money for Ts and supplies. And the room but i talk myself out of them almost git a king baboon and convinced myself that i dont need it.. but i did need a 2nd irminia sence my order was bringing in a second p.camb.. ig i jeed a hobby like yours to maje me not want more xD

Last edited:

Formerphobe

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Today's spider count is at 55. That is subject to change at a moment's notice. :) Been back in the hobby about 6 years this go round.

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
mingu epic set up do you use heat-tape? is that a microclimate outer shell??
I only got 7 Ts this year.. That is restraint.

---------- Post added 12-19-2014 at 02:59 PM ----------

I love all tarantulas, but when looking at pricelists for new acquisitions, I go down the list and say: 'Nope, nope, nope.' Just too many of them, and not enough of me. I have some species now that may end up get phased out to make room for new species. I focus on arboreals, OW's, big NW terrestrials, and colorful species. Someone else can have a huge collection, and not have a single species that I have. That's a good thing, as there's a big selection for every type of collector. This is the golden age of tarantula collecting.

There was a time, even as recent as 20 years ago, when you could have every species being sold in the hobby. That was back when w/c's were plentiful and few species were being captive bred. But those days are long gone. To do that now, you'd need a couple thousand square feet and couldn't hold down a full time job. How many people can afford to do that?
+1 At-least its the best age to collect Ts :) So many species available. Modern wages are horrible compared to the 1970s. In USA Workers are in a Greatest depression right now bigger than 1930's. Europe is in depression also, Germany I think is doing the best.
America has a greater wealth disparity than Rome, which was mostly slave labor......

Good news however is that today, T selection is great and many affordable ones for the poor(like me).

Last edited:

gobey

Arachnoknight
Haha i have been in the hobby almist 10months and just got numbers 19 and 20 only because i had an ocd moment come up and 18 was an odd number in my head xD (actually ordered scorps and woulda got 1 freeby so added a 2nd t to tht order to even it up..so worth it lol) but seeing some of these numbers make me feel like i have so much control xD

I mean i have the money for Ts and supplies. And the room but i talk myself out of them almost git a king baboon and convinced myself that i dont need it.. but i did need a 2nd irminia sence my order was bringing in a second p.camb.. ig i jeed a hobby like yours to maje me not want more xD
Noooo you mistake my other hobby as something that may save you $.... Supplements are expensive and you buy them every month. Like a $50~$100 monthly expense minimum usually...

And I need about $2500 worth of equipment for my gym...

The only difference is I'm stockpiling more living animals in my house now lol.

Video games are my,other expensive hobby.
Just got me an Xbox One and too many games. $$$$$

TsunamiSpike

Arachnosquire
Just the 2 at the moment, B. Albo (just over an inch) and B. Smithi (1/4-1/2 inch), both of whom are doing well. Me and the missus got the Albo about 3-4 weeks ago, the Smithi sling about 2 weeks after. Nothing more planned till after xmas but we are heading to our first Arachnid show end of January.

Last edited:

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
Noooo you mistake my other hobby as something that may save you $.... Supplements are expensive and you buy them every month. Like a $50~$100 monthly expense minimum usually...

And I need about $2500 worth of equipment for my gym...

The only difference is I'm stockpiling more living animals in my house now lol.

Video games are my,other expensive hobby.
Just got me an Xbox One and too many games. $$$$$
Never said itd save me money ;p itl make me say "no i aint got the time/money" lol

problemchildx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I have 11 right now. When I was at my peak in the hobby I had 50-70.

Someday I want to have a lot :p

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
Fair enough....

But when does that stop people like us anyways????!!!
people like us? Id say we know our limits atm. Wev had fairly well self control on our purchases lol ..not quite as controled as a monk at the playboy mansion.. but close enough xD