I do wish he got bit!

Exoskeleton Invertebrates

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Oh, well.. ah ah, in this last case i think someone should be a total, pervert, T sexual abuser :)
True very true. As we have seen with different people doing the dumbest thing, it wouldn't surprise me if someone decided to do the perverted handling Poecilotheria method on Facebook. On Facebook it doesn't seem that there is no limit on what people can post.
Regardless some of you have brought up good points on how it will be of an affect in different areas of your body from a Poecilotheria sp. bite.

Last edited:

cold blood

Staff member
This is the arm of a healthy person I know who was bitten by a P. fasciata adult not too long ago....I wouldn't want my head to look like a zombie head, that's for darn sure.....it was like this for weeks.:eek: RESPECT!!

bite was to the hand.

Attachments

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
This is the arm of a healthy person I know who was bitten by a P. fasciata adult not too long ago....I wouldn't want my head to look like a zombie head, that's for darn sure.....it was like this for weeks.:eek: RESPECT!!
Wow! Glad you posted this photo.

Last edited:

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod

bite was to the hand.
Really man? Looks like a George Romero/Dario Argento (with, and only with Italy band "Goblin" OST, nuff said) zombie "Miguel.. oh Miguelito" zombie arm from that top notch, best zombie movie ever, lol! Not "The Walking Crap".
Seriously.. this is for real? I trust you, cold blood :) you are IMO one of the best, serious T's keepers here. Imagine what a female grow "Pookie" (ornata, regalis lol) wet "kiss" in the head can do '-,,-' You will turn into one of those old fashioned, lovely, "grey" Romero's zombie, fantastic.

Damn (joking) have you killed him, at least? Hope to kill a "grey" zombie while playing this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2yGLTsnisc

Last edited:

sezra

Arachnosquire
Yes, but the brain is isolated by the skull, there is also the blood-brain barrier. The venom needs to pass a lot of protection to get to the brain, and also it will travel through the bloodstream just as it would do if bitten on the limb and evenly spread around the body. Guess I'll have to wait for proper studies to be conducted to see the effects. Now, who wants to get some venom injected into them? :clown:
http://www.annemergmed.com/article/S0196-0644(97)70112-4/abstract?cc=y

I assume the same would be true for spider bites.

Also, is there supposed to be a video or picture associated with the original post?

cold blood

Staff member
Seriously.. this is for real?
Its not something I'd make a joke out of, yes, its a very real picture and the result of a very real bite. And she's doing much better now after several weeks of severe discomfort....we didn't have to jab anything into her brain to end it and she never had a taste for brains either.....as far as I know.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Its not something I'd make a joke out of, yes, its a very real picture and the result of a very real bite. And she's doing much better now after several weeks of severe discomfort....we didn't have to jab anything into her brain to end it and she never had a taste for brains either.....as far as I know.
What combination made possible that her arm turned so gray (first time i see something like that) was the venom alone or a sort of allergic reaction? What the doctors told her about if you know, if i can ask? Only the part of the pic, or reached even the shoulder??

cold blood

Staff member
I'm fairly certain it reached to the shoulder.....I never delved into the science of why or how. I'd never seen a reaction like that either.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'm fairly certain it reached to the shoulder.....I never delved into the science of why or how. I'd never seen a reaction like that either.
When I got bit on my finger tip by my old P. ornata my hand swelled up, the coloration of my hand was red, it also looked infected. One of the major problems I had was I wanted to pass out for the first couple of days from the incident. The pain was unbearable for a full month. But my hand or arm never looked like your friend. That scares the crap out of me just to see the photo. It looks lifeless, it reminded me of when my son lost part of his finger when he was three. The finger that was cut off was white and cold.
Quite honestly it disturbed me a bit.

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
This is the arm of a healthy person I know who was bitten by a P. fasciata adult not too long ago....I wouldn't want my head to look like a zombie head, that's for darn sure.....it was like this for weeks.:eek: RESPECT!! bite was to the hand.

Obviously a lot going on inside that arm. Definitely don't want internal chaos going on anywhere near your head. The swelling alone could be very serious.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
True very true. As we have seen with different people doing the dumbest thing, it wouldn't surprise me if someone decided to do the perverted handling Poecilotheria method on Facebook. On Facebook it doesn't seem that there is no limit on what people can post.
Regardless some of you have brought up good points on how it will be of an affect in different areas of your body from a Poecilotheria sp. bite.
You are right Jose. Maybe it's me that i'm too exagerate and hard, don't know.. i don't have a Facebook account (i think that Facebook is one the biggest, clever scams ever created) nor i do selfie but i expect the worst.
A lot of people disrespect life and their/others health (the most important thing, along with family.. you can lose both without a warning) they are empty, and feel the need to keep showing something worldwide to complete strangers, always doing stupid things.. pranks, cars ride, venomous etc .. feel the need to show that they exists?
Years ago was (a bit at least) better IMO.

Blueandbluer

Arachnobaron
Not sure if this video has been posted before on Arachnoboards. Here we have a couple of people pissing off an adult Xenesthis sp. the video is called "Bitten By A Massive Tarantula". http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VSnTkGqAT9M
Thanks, Jose... that much anger first thing in the morning is better than coffee! And that's all I'll say because my other thoughts on the topic would get me banned from AB for language violations.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thanks, Jose... that much anger first thing in the morning is better than coffee! And that's all I'll say because my other thoughts on the topic would get me banned from AB for language violations.
Oh man, I'm sorry I ruined your morning. Though I hope you had a good night sleep.
Yes, it made my morning just as exciting as yours after watching this video.

Ellenantula

Arachnoking
Same here. Wow. That video. I am in shock. I have never considered even the possibility of deliberating angering a T so I can 'see' what a bite feels like. I have no words....
that I can use here on the boards.

14pokies

Arachnoprince

bite was to the hand.
What was wrong with her hand? It looked pretty normal to me... Any way we can get a pic of the hand and arm now that its healed for comparison?

I'm not doubting the story or anything I just can't really see what's going on...

cold blood

Staff member
What was wrong with her hand? It looked pretty normal to me..
Homie that color is ANYTHING but normal.....its not lighting, that's the color of the arm post bite a few days. Arm is normally the color of a typical white persons arm.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Homie that color is ANYTHING but normal.....its not lighting, that's the color of the arm post bite a few days. Arm is normally the color of a typical white persons arm.
Without being too exagerate, i think that the pic you showed to us here proves that the statement "every person react in a different way to venom/s" is totally right. That's not normal, not that color.. now, honestly, without jokes, that gray reminded me really of those of the dead. This picture could be of help to those (very few i think) people who are researching the T's venoms.
I think, without being a Doc, or having a clue, that she got a severe reaction, or an allergy. Not a joke, no way is.. imagine a bite on a children, or on the head or neck. Would probably near, very close to overthrow the "no deaths happened from T's bites so far" truth.