I just wanted to let you all know that I have stopped keeping invertebrates since December last year and that my E. Rubripes died on 30/11/19.

patrick nimbs

Arachnoknight
Hi guys,
As you might be aware that I am no longer keeping invertebrates and that is because my parents want me to move on since the death of my notorious ethmostigmus rubripes (Bob) who passed away on 30 November 2019 due to old age. I have held a private funeral for him on Good Friday and his body has been preserved in methylated spirits in a jar. I am going to send you all some pictures of him and I hope you like them.

ED96B44F-9004-466E-A96E-722EA0E96017.jpeg 18F3F52B-1773-4B50-8D25-9ED4BB4896A7.jpeg 192468AA-9915-4930-AED8-85D61D6EAE74.jpeg ED96B44F-9004-466E-A96E-722EA0E96017.jpeg 18F3F52B-1773-4B50-8D25-9ED4BB4896A7.jpeg 192468AA-9915-4930-AED8-85D61D6EAE74.jpeg

Attachments

mellow

Arachnobaron
I'm sorry to hear that, will you be sending pictures of it after it was preserved?

Jess S

Arachnobaron
Sorry for your loss. You must've taken great care of him to get him to old age. Sorry you're having to give up keeping inverts too.
Hopefully, you'll get back into the hobby at some point, on your own terms.

DaveM

ArachnoOneCanReach
Old Timer
Condolences in this somber time. Needing to stop for a while is quite understandable. There are many other great things you could be doing.
However, I want to share a prophecy with you: I don't know when exactly it will happen, but I forsee creatures with many legs in your future!
Until then, peace 🕊

Arthroverts

Arachnoking
Very sorry to hear that my friend, I know how much this particular specimen meant to you.

How are you doing general life-wise @patrick nimbs?

Condolences,

Arthroverts

Last edited by a moderator:

DomGom TheFather

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter
A break to grieve, I think.

If you loved this one that way then surely you will someday find yourself ready for another.

Sorry about Bob.

patrick nimbs

Arachnoknight
Hi all thanks for the condolences for the death of Bob. I have taken a few years break from inverts and have managed to get back into the invert world as of February this year starting with 5 inverts in my collection with more to come!!

patrick nimbs

Arachnoknight
I'm sorry to hear that, will you be sending pictures of it after it was preserved?
Thanks very much. Sorry for the extremely late reply. Just had quite a hiatus from the hobby but now that I’m back into it

patrick nimbs

Arachnoknight
Sorry for your loss. You must've taken great care of him to get him to old age. Sorry you're having to give up keeping inverts too.
Hopefully, you'll get back into the hobby at some point, on your own terms.
Thanks mate. Sorry for the late reply. I am now officially back into keeping😀

patrick nimbs

Arachnoknight
Condolences in this somber time. Needing to stop for a while is quite understandable. There are many other great things you could be doing.
However, I want to share a prophecy with you: I don't know when exactly it will happen, but I forsee creatures with many legs in your future!
Until then, peace 🕊
Hey mate thanks for the condolences. Your prophecy was indeed correct now that I’m back into keeping inverts!! Many thanks 😀

patrick nimbs

Arachnoknight
Very sorry to hear that my friend, I know how much this particular specimen meant to you.

How are you doing general life-wise @patrick nimbs?

Condolences,

Arthroverts
Yeah not too bad. Sorry for being several years late with my replies. I’m now back into keeping inverts and want to thank you for your condolences following Bob’s death

patrick nimbs

Arachnoknight
A break to grieve, I think.

If you loved this one that way then surely you will someday find yourself ready for another.

Sorry about Bob.
Yes indeed. I’m back into keeping inverts again!! Thanks mate for the condolences following Bob’s death. Apologies for the lateness of my replies as well

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
Yes indeed. I’m back into keeping inverts again!! Thanks mate for the condolences following Bob’s death. Apologies for the lateness of my replies as well
how long do giant pedes live ? I never had one . I wanted a tiger .
How do you convince parents to allow inverts again? I haven’t ordered anything online beside feeder roaches going for many years now . I tried pet shops but 3/4 of them died . My mom threatened to let free them if I ordered.
could you make a. Photo thread of your collection?

Last edited:

patrick nimbs

Arachnoknight
how long do giant pedes live ? I never had one . I wanted a tiger .
How do you convince parents to allow inverts again? I haven’t ordered anything online beside feeder roaches going for many years now . I tried pet shops but 3/4 of them died . My mom threatened to let free them if I ordered.
could you make a. Photo thread of your collection?
I’m not too sure on how I convinced my parents to allow me to resume keeping them. My dad’s mad into marine inverts so he’s ok with it as long as my chores are done and my stepparent just lets me keep them as long as I don’t get too obsessed with my collection as that is one of my traits is being too obsessed with stuff and not focusing on things that need to be done first. I’m not sure the circumstances surrounding your issues with getting parental permission. Pretty much if my parents say no to something, I usually just cop it on the chin and not argue about it even though it may seem tempting. Just don’t hassle them but ask every now and then or perhaps have a discussion with them about it may help get permission. Now onto centipede lifespans: Giant centipedes, from pedeling to adult, I’ve been told that they can live up to and over a decade and maybe two decades under the best care.
Good luck with getting permission from your parents mate. As I said don’t hassle them but ask every now and then and/or have a discussion about it and come up with an agreement if possible. I will now send you a pic of my collection

Attachments