I'm so excited, I HAD to share.....

ratluvr76

Arachnodemon
My wife woke me up this morning with the iPad, asking if I wanted to see the tarantulas she was going to order. The first on the list was Haplopelma minax, which I quickly vetoed (she was picking based on looks, not realizing the temperament and that is not a genus I feel comfortable getting into at this point). A couple spiders were in the same genus as some we already have, and I would rather get a bit more variety, as we have a pretty small collection so far. We ended up not getting any of her original list, but I think we put together a pretty good order. We ordered Monocentropus balfouri (this was one of the top spiders on my wish list), Aphonopelma hentzi, Paraphysa scrofa, Hapalopus sp. Pumpkin Patch
congratulations, The only thing I can think of is M. balfouri are an OW... do you have any experience with OW spiders? I don't know anything about P. scrofa. The Pumpkin Patch are FAST and skittish but generally easy as long as they have a suitable burrow or hide to run to. The Aphonpelma is a great beginner from what I understand. If you don't have much experience with OW's and defensiveness I'd hold off on the balfouri for a bit. Overall though, good choices I think. Someone with more experience might weigh in. M balfouri is a dream species of mine too. :)

scott308

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I hit the wrong button and sent the post without finishing. I do have OWs- C. fimbriatus, P. subfusca , C. schioedtei and Lampropelma sp. Borneo Black. I'm comfortable with the M. balfouri, although there are a number of genera that I am not comfortable with at this point, although in the future who knows.

MrsHaas

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Congrats on your new additions my friend! Those are some great species!
Well since everyone is sharing, I have some on the way too!
H incei
I mira
C darlingi
And
A ezendami
Hooray for new Ts!! Ain't life grand?!

ratluvr76

Arachnodemon
H incei
I mira
C darlingi
And
A ezendami
indeed... yes in deed! especially with a new shipment of T's on the horizon. :)

MrsHaas

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Thumbs up to you and yours Carrie. :)

---------- Post added 06-26-2015 at 12:34 AM ----------

My wife has started looking at Ts online. I have a list of species I want to get, and she really wants a G. pulchra so I think it is only a matter of time. Then again, there is a Repticon show coming to Milwaukee in August, so we'll see. I'll probably wait until the show and see what we can find there before ordering.
Isn't it awesome when you get your significant other into the wonderful world of Ts? But be careful what you wish for too, people... My hubby used to not even notice my tarantulas for years and now everyday he has a new list of potentials he's begging me for from every internet dealer possible that he's organized by price, size, and shop/username on endless excel worksheets... Lol, this hobby is addictive and now he's chasing the dragon just as hard - hahaha!

Last edited:

scott308

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
H incei
I mira
C darlingi
And
A ezendami
Yes. Yes it is! H. incei is really high on my wishlist. I want a C. darlingi also. I don't really know the other species that well, but I know you'll enjoy them! We haven't ordered Ts before, so I am REALLY looking forward to opening that box!

MrsHaas

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Oh! Unboxing Ts is just simply delightful!! You'll for sure love it and before you know it you'll be putting in you next order (and next order and next order...) good lord this hobby is addictive!

scott308

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
:unhappy: So, my tarantulas shipped on Monday, with next day shipping. Unfortunately, Fed-Ex is having issues and my Ts have been listed as "in transit" in Memphis since just after midnight Tuesday morning. My wife spoke to Fed-Ex and was told they will not be going anywhere until they have enough packages to fill a plane to send to Wisconsin. There is no estimated delivery date. My wife explained that the shipment is live animals that are going to die if they have to sit. She was told we shouldn't have had them ship animals. At this point, I am afraid I'm going to have a box full of dead Ts whenever they eventually arrive. :cry:

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
:unhappy: So, my tarantulas shipped on Monday, with next day shipping. Unfortunately, Fed-Ex is having issues and my Ts have been listed as "in transit" in Memphis since just after midnight Tuesday morning. My wife spoke to Fed-Ex and was told they will not be going anywhere until they have enough packages to fill a plane to send to Wisconsin. There is no estimated delivery date. My wife explained that the shipment is live animals that are going to die if they have to sit. She was told we shouldn't have had them ship animals. At this point, I am afraid I'm going to have a box full of dead Ts whenever they eventually arrive. :cry:
Wow really bad news, I guess USPS is better then fed ex?? Hope they survive.

scott308

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My wife just checked the tracking for the spiders, and it now says they left the Fed-Ex facility at 8:24 pm. I hope that means they are on a plane heading my way. It has to be better than what they were doing prior.

bscheidt1020

Arachnoknight
None of you posted on my new slings thread. Have I stumbled on the cool kids club here? Go post something nice on my thread please or you will never know what kind of sweet slings I just got...trust me, you want to know. :coffee:

Ratluvr, sick pickups!!! Here's to Psalmos and their rightful place as some of the most fun species to raise from a sling....:3::3::3::3::3::3:

ratluvr76

Arachnodemon
My wife just checked the tracking for the spiders, and it now says they left the Fed-Ex facility at 8:24 pm. I hope that means they are on a plane heading my way. It has to be better than what they were doing prior.
Yikes! Let us know how this plays out. I hope they are OK. :(

None of you posted on my new slings thread. Have I stumbled on the cool kids club here? Go post something nice on my thread please or you will never know what kind of sweet slings I just got...trust me, you want to know. :coffee:

Ratluvr, sick pickups!!! Here's to Psalmos and their rightful place as some of the most fun species to raise from a sling....:3::3::3::3::3::3:
Thank you! I'm certainly enjoying them. :)

scott308

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
We had the shipment held at the distribution center in town and I went and got them after work. Everyone is doing well! :smile:

scott308

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I came home from work Thursday evening, and as I walked by the shelving unit the Ts are on, I noticed a new Kritter Keeper. I looked inside to see what spider my wife had rehoused, and I realized I didn't recognize the spider. She was at the pet store to get gecko food, and decided to buy a "Pink Toe" while she was there. They told her it was a terrestrial species, so she bought the KK and hit the hardware store for a bag of soil. I told her I was pretty sure that her "terrestrial" spider was actually an Avicularia and the set-up was not acceptable for it. We ran out to Wal-Mart to get something more suitable for a 4" arboreal tarantula and rehoused it when we got home. It seems to be doing well in the new enclosure. Also, she ordered an A. geniculata and an E. murinus online. I think someone is addicted! Not bad for someone who, when we bought the first tarantula, said her involvement ended after writing the check. :laugh: Since we had the bigger Kritter Keeper and plenty of dirt, I rehoused the C. fimbriatus into it. That'll give it more room. The previous house was getting a bit crowded.

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
I came home from work Thursday evening, and as I walked by the shelving unit the Ts are on, I noticed a new Kritter Keeper. I looked inside to see what spider my wife had rehoused, and I realized I didn't recognize the spider. She was at the pet store to get gecko food, and decided to buy a "Pink Toe" while she was there. They told her it was a terrestrial species, so she bought the KK and hit the hardware store for a bag of soil. I told her I was pretty sure that her "terrestrial" spider was actually an Avicularia and the set-up was not acceptable for it. We ran out to Wal-Mart to get something more suitable for a 4" arboreal tarantula and rehoused it when we got home. It seems to be doing well in the new enclosure. Also, she ordered an A. geniculata and an E. murinus online. I think someone is addicted! Not bad for someone who, when we bought the first tarantula, said her involvement ended after writing the check. :laugh: Since we had the bigger Kritter Keeper and plenty of dirt, I rehoused the C. fimbriatus into it. That'll give it more room. The previous house was getting a bit crowded.
smh what a junkie ;) but on the bright side your little c. fimbriatus got a upgrade XD i guess at least her heart was in the right spot.. even if she just bought 2 T's that bearly made it worth shipping prices imo ;P

ratluvr76

Arachnodemon
LOL so awesome. I wish my hubby would just go out and buy spiders too. HAHA I have to fight for every one I buy. He doesn't mind that I have spiders, he just doesn't understand why I have to have so MANY... I keep trying to tell him, I only have TWO of each. He'd flip his lid if he knew I really want at least 6 of each.

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
LOL so awesome. I wish my hubby would just go out and buy spiders too. HAHA I have to fight for every one I buy. He doesn't mind that I have spiders, he just doesn't understand why I have to have so MANY... I keep trying to tell him, I only have TWO of each. He'd flip his lid if he knew I really want at least 6 of each.
hahaha howd he take you geting the 10? i know he liked his 'fathers day' p.cambs but did he say anything bout irms? or even smithis?

ratluvr76

Arachnodemon
hahaha howd he take you geting the 10? i know he liked his 'fathers day' p.cambs but did he say anything bout irms? or even smithis?
He's always very un impressed with slings. He wants me to buy spiders at least juvenile 3" plus. Pfft I asked him where's the fun in that? Plus getting them as slings bring them a little closer to within my budget range lol