In light of.....

james

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
in light of....

Ryan, I guess I still don’t understand the point of this thread? I know you are not happy with my last post on the other thread but I’m honestly trying to help you. I think it was very clear that in the other thread this person “karen” is a fraud. Since this person is a fraud I don’t know why you would restrict your selling only to people you know, when you never shipped to this person in the first place. I know we have gone back and fourth on this subject before but I will state my points one more time.

1. When your successful in the reptile or invert hobby sadly people will be jealous and sometimes even trying and bring you down to there pitiful level.
2. You can never make everyone happy no matter how hard you try. Some people are just not happy people to begin with and anything you do is not going to change this.
3. Ignorance is bliss. By continuing to post threads like this all you’re doing is telling these idiots that they are getting to you. God made the DELETE button for a reason. I personally have problems with a person on this site. When they PM or email me I just delete it without even reading them. They also call me as well but I’ve learned not to answer their calls. Even worse they go in chat rooms at give out my private info and bad mouth me. Since I decided to just completely ignore these people I see and hear less of them everyday. Do I like it NO but instead of the constant battles I let my reputation on the boards speak for it self.

I think in the end you have to let your reputation stand up for it self. If 99% of your reviews are positive I think people realize you’re a reputable dealer and will buy from you. All the reputable dealers on here have had bad reviews or people harassing them to some degree. These people never provide proof of wrong doing and I’m fairly confident that the members of this site can see past these idiots lies. If your looking for sympathy from other members than I guess I could understand why you would post a thread like this, but I really struggle to think that if someone called you today offering $1,000 for some slings you would simply say no because you do not know them. I think you should keep breeding, selling, and posting positive constructive threads and ignore this BS all together. Hopefully no hard feelings.
James

Skullptor

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I think it was appropriate to post this here - I mean, it is an announcement pertaining to tarantulas, right?

With all due respect Truff135, it is more than that. He is coming across as naive and emotional. I think any business person on this board would agree that you don't change your business based on the heightened emotions of your experience with this person. Like James said he finds it hard to believe Ryan would turn down $1,000 deal. Not only is that NOT smart business, you are making the future client guilty of something someone else may have done. And those who are fueling his emotions are not doing him any favors.

I am not taking sides with the emailer, the emailer is insignificant. Ryan is the person in this that we know. He is the one that posts here, breeds, and sells. Ryan is the only one that stands to loss by posting this IMO. So lets not let the assumptions get out of hand. Just because my posts go against the cheer leading team, doesn't mean I am out to get him. And who the hell is Travis anyway?? :D

jr47

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I agree with James. You cant give them what they want and in the long run your reputation will stand and they will be history. Selling to just certian people is just giving them what they want. Just my 2 cents.

Truff135

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I think it was appropriate to post this here - I mean, it is an announcement pertaining to tarantulas, right?

With all due respect Truff135, it is more than that. He is coming across as naive and emotional. I think any business person on this board would agree that you don't change your business based on the heightened emotions of your experience with this person. Like James said he finds it hard to believe Ryan would turn down $1,000 deal. Not only is that NOT smart business, you are making the future client guilty of something someone else may have done. And those who are fueling his emotions are not doing him any favors.

I am not taking sides with the emailer, the emailer is insignificant. Ryan is the person in this that we know. He is the one that posts here, breeds, and sells. Ryan is the only one that stands to loss by posting this IMO. So lets not let the assumptions get out of hand. Just because my posts go against the cheer leading team, doesn't mean I am out to get him. And who the hell is Travis anyway?? :D
No offense taken, :)
I suppose I only meant because I personally read the announcements more than classifieds (for reasons outlined previously). Therefore, whatever his decision on selling, would reach more people on here rather than the classifieds. Although...I suppose the people that need to know this are the ones buying, therefore it would be a F/S thing...oh well...lol. In any case, I agree 100% that one person having a bad day should NOT have an impact on who he sells his tarantulas to. There are people like that everywhere and if you suddenly change everything for that one person, you're hurting the other good people...if that even made any sense.
p.s. anyone can disagree with me all they want, it takes a lot to make me upset. ;)

DrAce

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Ryan,

I'd urge you not to do this, simply because it admits defeat to the moron who's been doing this to you.

Although I understand why you are doing it.

JayzunBoget

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
As if I can possibly add anything more to the conversation after the breakdown James gave to it, I would like to add this; Ryan is right to be skeptical of new buyers for awhile.
We think nothing of asking all sorts of references for the people that we all are buying from. What about the people to whom we are selling our beloved little slings and Ts too?
I doubt that Ryan will find it at all feasible to get references for everybody that he will sell to in the next month, but I can understand him wanting to.
Oh, well, at the very least he can talk to everyone that orders from him, ask and answer any questions that they may have, and that's just good customer service. At least that can offer you (Ryan) some protection, not just from the latest batch o' crazies, but against those to come.
Good luck with that.

sick4x4

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
james your supposed to be on vacation lol..stay off the comp;P anyways you already know how i feel about it ryan but we all have to understand ryans a hobbyist not a business man....

he has a full time job and does breeding as part of his hobby... so yes he gets money for slings but thats more of a perk for doing exactly what any hobbyist should doing....and we have to also understand as hobbyists being a victim of someone else's deviant behavior isnt condoned. so doing what you have to, to protect yourself isn't admitting defeat just being more diligent....i dont see it as putting up a white flag as much as i see it as fortifying the walls....

wayne

Mina

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Ryan, to start with I want to state that I consider you a wonderful person to do business with, and I consider you my friend. You are very knowledgeable about T's and you freely and openly share your knowledge with other. I think whoever this person is, they are completely wrong about you.
I have to agree with some of the other statements made here though. It would be a shame if you were to allow someone of no importance to influence you. Its horrible that this person threatened you, and I understand how you must feel. If you do change how you do things, this person wins. They aren't worth it.
Now after saying that if you decide to stick to your decision, I will understand. I'm here for you no matter what.

Rochelle

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
james your supposed to be on vacation lol..stay off the comp;P anyways you already know how i feel about it ryan but we all have to understand ryans a hobbyist not a business man....

he has a full time job and does breeding as part of his hobby... so yes he gets money for slings but thats more of a perk for doing exactly what any hobbyist should be doing....and we have to also understand as hobbyists being a victim of someone else's deviant behavior isnt condoned. so doing what you have to, to protect yourself isn't admitting defeat just being more diligent....i dont see it as putting up a white flag as much as i see it as fortifying the walls....

wayne
Here, Here. :clap:
Your reputation speaks for itself, Ryan. We all know you aren't what you were accused of. I've bought from you and received nothing but the best service...seriously - you went above and beyond.
Ignoring this nut is the best way to go. This time you actually can rest on your laurels. ;)
Your reviews speak for themselves.

Sr. Chencho

Arachnosquire
Old Timer

Here, Here. :clap:
Your reputation speaks for itself, Ryan. We all know you aren't what you were accused of. I've bought from you and received nothing but the best service...seriously - you went above and beyond.
Ignoring this nut is the best way to go. This time you actually can rest on your laurels. ;)
Your reviews speak for themselves.
Come on Ryan, don't let that 2%er ruin what you've worked so hard to accomplish and your love/dedication for the hobby. Like everybody has mentioned, you are the best of them and we are rooting for you. Let this matter be like water upon a duck's back and keep on doing what you do best. We are here for you.
Fredster

matthias

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
First off Ryan let me add to the long list of people in both threads that have had nothing but the BEST dealings with you. You have shown your kindness and generosity to not only my wife and I but to everyone else on the boards I have seen you interact with. You have also show how you care for each and every spider you raise or sell.

I would encourage you NOT to let this "person" win by not offering your wonderful T's to other hobbyists. While I do understand why you would make this decision, look at not only at what others have said in previous reviews, but the shear number of people racing to support you and contradict this one character. Would you through away a whole egg sac because one went bad?

I think any business person on this board would agree that you don't change your business based on the heightened emotions of your experience with this person.:D
Forensics: The problem with this is he is a HOBBYIST. Has often stated he is not in this for the money, but his love of arachnids. He sells his slings to "support the habit" and so he doesn't spend all his time feeding slings. I some times wonder if he would rather keep all the babies he breeds. So in that regards I COMPLETELY understand why being threatened would make him a little gun shy.

von_z

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I was hoping to get my first pokie from you Ryan, but I guess that won't be happening...:(.

2bears

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
reconsider

While I have never purcheased anything from you I do know several people that have and your one of the good guys....
I have been in the snake hobbie for 42 years...yes, im one of the old guys out there and Have a good reputation.
I can tell you that no matter how hard you try at times to do the right thing there will allways be a few jerks out there that your not going to make happy.
That in itself is just a normal fact of life.
you have alot to offer the tarantula community....you know your stuff, your fair and resonable....I would encourage you to reconsider,and continue to have fun and keep doing what your doing..
best wishes,
twobears.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I appreciate everyones thoughts and perspectives on the matter. I have had sometime to think things over, and while I am still going to stay with my plan, I think I can just take things more case by case then anything else. Brand new members will receive the most caution though. And maybe people in Cali too.

I can honestly say that the whole deal really got me frustrated. The fact that someone got that bored to make stuff up, stuff that could not even be backed up by any facts really irritated me. And I know that there is only so much you can do about someone like that, I get that 100%, but it's much easier to shrug off when it's not you. But the facts still remain the same, I can't stop nuts like that from posting stuff that is not true if they want to.

I don't view being more cautious as "giving in". To me at this point being more cautious just seems like the smart thing to do.
But yes everyone made very good points, and I think that is why I am willing to be less black and white about the issue. I guess I will just keep my BS radar up and see what happens from here.

arrowhd

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I guess I will just keep my BS radar up and see what happens from here.
Where did you get BS radar? Radio Shack or something?

Well on a positive note if you only sell to people who have already bought from you, I guess I'll have a better selection. :D

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Where did you get BS radar? Radio Shack or something?

Well on a positive note if you only sell to people who have already bought from you, I guess I'll have a better selection. :D
I fail to understand why you posted and what you are getting at.

arrowhd

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I fail to understand why you posted and what you are getting at.
Man everyone on here seems to be awefull uptight anymore. Its called humor. What I'm trying to get at is you should blow this off and get on with business as usual. As I mentioned, I have purchased from you in the past and your new policy would give me more availabilty. It's was a joke. Thought it was time to lighten up this thread a little. Guess I was wrong.

_bob_

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
hmmm maybe you should reread what he said before.