In your opinion what is the best commercially available millipede substrate for AGM'S?

SlowNail

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Straight topsoil is cleaner and easier to work with, but you get more rogue shoots. Compost is rich, but comes with bugs. Adding Springtails will destroy a gnat population pretty effectively. I've tried premixes, but avoid them now. I avoid coir, personally. People say not to use compost, but they loved it. Topsoil is nice, but probably needs more additions than composts.

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
Straight topsoil is cleaner and easier to work with, but you get more rogue shoots. Compost is rich, but comes with bugs. Adding Springtails will destroy a gnat population pretty effectively. I've tried premixes, but avoid them now. I avoid coir, personally. People say not to use compost, but they loved it. Topsoil is nice, but probably needs more additions than composts.
compost isn’t good for predatory inverts but for millipedes it should be fine . I’ve not kept any millipedes in ages. Just tarantulas right now and roaches .

Kada

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
Probably depends on species? Some are soil dwellers, others in rotten wood for example.

AtomicAnt

Arachnopeon
compost isn’t good for predatory inverts but for millipedes it should be fine . I’ve not kept any millipedes in ages. Just tarantulas right now and roaches .
Thanks. I should have specified premixed, I don't have a reliable source for oak leaves/etc. and I have had bad luck with leaves sourced on line. In one case a batch of centipedes hatched out in my enclosure, hundreds of baby centipedes, cool I know, but not what I had in mind. I swear someone was just raking their yard and selling the leaves! I don't want to boil the leaves every time I get them either. So yeah, still trying to find an all in one solution.

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
Thanks. I should have specified premixed, I don't have a reliable source for oak leaves/etc. and I have had bad luck with leaves sourced on line. In one case a batch of centipedes hatched out in my enclosure, hundreds of baby centipedes, cool I know, but not what I had in mind. I swear someone was just raking their yard and selling the leaves! I don't want to boil the leaves every time I get them either. So yeah, still trying to find an all in one solution.
Wow probably stone centipedes? So tiny I don’t know what those eat. Did you get any pics of this invasion lol 😂
I tried keeping a few adults wasn’t a fan too small .

Elytra and Antenna

Arachnoking
Arachnosupporter +
I can tell you for the Philippine giant blues, but AGBs nobody can say a "perfect" substrate with honesty.

Matt Man

Arachnoprince
Flake Soil Enhanced Millipede & Beetle Substrate/Bedding is really good. (Beast Pets and Supplies)