Is it possible to overfeed your T's?

Crows Arachnids

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Nice... I was thinking of doing the same thing... but with the way my life is, I don't know that I have time to do it. Glad to see that someone who really has the ability to do this experiment right will be taking it on.

Looking forward to it!
Im second thinking waiting so long. I had a P. Regalis sac hatch out recently but moved almost all of them at the San Diego show. Hopefully if I have 20 left Ill start with that to tide us over till the next sac. But I got a bit giddy (lol) because I had tons of B. Boehemi that I have had FOREVER, that I wanted to raise up. I fed one group way more than the other, and there is a big size difference, so Im going to post some pictures later on when I pick my camera up from my buddy's place. There will be no burst abdomens!!! :p

Crows Arachnids

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I've given my opinion and why I have it, if nobody cares then neither do I.....funny that on AB you can't mention an experience without having to "Prove" everything to everyone, who aren't able to prove anything themselves. I'll try to see if I can find the guy and get the pics, but even if I do, people are just going to deny and discount them and go on stuffing their spiders.....because this is AB, and that's they roll. :rolleyes:
I am not concerned about you proving anything, the situation alone speaks volumes on its lack of credibility. I base that on my own experiences (yes, I know I'm a liar and I have no experience) fellow breeders and hobbyists in our community. Go back and read this thread again, count how many powerfeed, then in turn count the issues they have had, feel free not to include me. Then count those who disagree with powerfeeding as a concept to engage in, and in turn count how many retorts, that are concrete and proven, they have provided. Attacking AB as a whole will get you nowhere, you say it is wrong, prove it, I'm all ears. Meaning you will have to engage in, what I am about to do, then relay the information you gather.

Xian

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Zman-

Here is a quote from Samuel Marshall's book, 'Tarantulas and other Arachnids'.

"Young tarantulas will of course eat more than old tarantulas and you can't over feed a growing spider. In fact the more you feed a young tarantula, the faster and larger it will grow. On the other hand, adults of those species with a slower metabolism can become spectacularly overweight and may be at risk of injuring themselves as they try to hold up their huge abdomens."

:)

Zman181

Arachnoknight
I have 4 Mexican Red Rump Slings which I have been doing the Experiment you have suggested on. It makes a big difference in how often and amount of prey items you feed in a week. The one i feed once weekly which i call "Tiny" is Tiny. The other I call "Hoover" because he/she's like a vaccum :) I feed daily (eats every time) is 4 times larger (They both look beautiful and healthy) Just that one is alot larger thatn the other. I will post pics of the two. They both come from the same egg sac. I agree with x Mr Awesome x and I also agree with Redneck. I feel that yes the bigger they the harder they fall. However, they know what is their limit. And as slings I believe it's ok to offer all they can eat untill they reach that "Small Version of an Adult Molt" then you can slow down. Prior to their Molts their abdomens resemble what I call Jlo's Jennifer Lopez trunk :) When they molt they look normal.

You guys are great! I am really happy I joined Arachnoboards. Everyone is so helpful.

;) Good Point.

I agree with x Mr Awesome x This is a forum. "We're here to conclude truth in study."The key to this is to not forget that it's not our ability to debate that matters but more so the truth in the topic to be concluded so that we may all learn from it. Unfortunately their are some users that don't see it like that. The boards are a stage to express their intellectual prowess and at the same time feed their ego through dissecting other's posts and intentionally misconstruing their words to smear the perception of that person's image." I quoted you :)

Once again I'm grateful to be part of this board. I have much respect for everone here.