I've been bitten, and desire more

BobGrill

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I've been in the exact same situation so believe me I can understand at least some of what you're going through. My tarantulas were actually one of three things keeping me alive when I went through a suicidal phase. Not having a significant other (or anybody really) to turn to made it really rough. Anyway good luck. Remember, education is the key. Not all people can be persuaded, but those with an open mind usually can. Pokies may be very fast and nervous, but they're very unlikely to bite most of the time. Not that I'd want to take any chances around them, I'm merely saying that they're less likely to use their potent venom than many other old worlds.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I knew the OP had neurological issues based on his vast mood swings and 180 degree change in his actions re Ts. I hope he gets the help he needs! The brain is a powerful organ and the most complex.

cold blood

Staff member
I look back at this, and I'm so damn embarrassed. I'm sorry you had to witness that stupidity. I was having a bad week. I had one of my pediatric patients die a while ago and I got really depressed about it last week, and I think Prozac is really screwing with my emotions. I had plans to kill myself that weekend. I got rid of my tanks and spiders to give them good homes before I did end myself. It was an extremely stupid way to deal with everything, but it was a pretty low point for me. It's certainly no excuse for my stupid choices, but it's partially why I did it. I'm getting help now. And it looks like maybe I'm treating wrong disease with wrong meds, which can make things worse. But I'm sorry that this thread went to shit.

My wife was really cool. She's stayed very calm and collected through it all, and even went back to the store to get my A. Genic for me. And she's even considering letting me keep the P. Metallica, as long as I can find a way to lock it up.

Once again, sorry for making this thread crappy. I'm really embarrassed just reading my old stuff. Hopefully I'm not banished from the community or seen as the crazy weird guy. Apparently using SSRIs (like Prozac) can make Bipolar depression a lot worse. Finally getting a good diagnosis and meds should help a lot :)
That probably took a lot to write that, but I'm glad you did. Stay positive and keep on truckin'. Glad you at least got the genic back. Best of luck in the future, as great as t's and other hobbies are, there are certainly things much more important...take care.

MrsHaas

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Your tipsy?? Lol where I live it's only 11:45am!! Party on!
Oh and congrats on ur p met.

--J.Haas

---------- Post added 09-10-2015 at 01:49 PM ----------

Oops I didn't read thru the whole thread before posting the above comment.
I too suffer w bipolar 1 (and a bunch of other mental health issues ) and spent ten years trying to find the correct med dosages/cocktail. If u ever want to chat send me a pm. Hope you are well. Sending u love and positive vibes!!!

--J.Haas

Last edited:

lalberts9310

Arachnoprince
Ah man I'm so sorry to hear about your troubles. I really hope you are doing fine. Stay positive and strong!! *hugZ*

scott308

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Glad to hear you are getting the help you need and that you are not giving up on the hobby. Now, let's see a picture of that genic!

scarhbar

Arachnopeon
Ya, just in the past couple days, I've noticed a lot of differences between this Pokie Sling and all the other slings I've had. It's very skittish, but super cute. Can't wait for a first feeding!

---------- Post added 09-10-2015 at 11:56 PM ----------

I knew the OP had neurological issues based on his vast mood swings and 180 degree change in his actions re Ts. I hope he gets the help he needs! The brain is a powerful organ and the most complex.
haha thanks. It's definitely been an interesting past few months. I think I'm finally finding out some answers

---------- Post added 09-10-2015 at 11:57 PM ----------

Your tipsy?? Lol where I live it's only 11:45am!! Party on!
Oh and congrats on ur p met.

--J.Haas

---------- Post added 09-10-2015 at 01:49 PM ----------

Oops I didn't read thru the whole thread before posting the above comment.
I too suffer w bipolar 1 (and a bunch of other mental health issues ) and spent ten years trying to find the correct med dosages/cocktail. If u ever want to chat send me a pm. Hope you are well. Sending u love and positive vibes!!!

--J.Haas
Well thank you very much! Interesting to see so many people out there who also have or know about this disease. Thanks for the kind words!

---------- Post added 09-10-2015 at 11:58 PM ----------

Glad to hear you are getting the help you need and that you are not giving up on the hobby. Now, let's see a picture of that genic!
Might just make a quick video of her, but I think she's in pre-molt, so she's not any fun to see at the moment :p