JBM's Photo Thread

Shell

ArachnoVixen AKA Dream Crusher AKA Heartbreaker
Staff member
Oh yeah, i texted one to yajaira, she was like ooooooh myyyyyy gossssshhhh! Maybe there's hope yet!
I told you that it would be possible to convert her. ;)

jbm150

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Denali

Not too many green tarantulas but she is one!

crawltech

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
beautiful!....I have a nice green one to, bought as P. cambridgei "green island variant"

jbm150

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
beautiful!....I have a nice green one to, bought as P. cambridgei "green island variant"
Thanks dude! Yours is definitely a green girl, love the new shots. "Green island variant?" Thats a new one to me....

Rehoused a couple of Ts, that...was...exhausting.... They just ran and ran and ran.

Tiska

S. arndsti (she's so exhausted, I don't have the heart to try to get any better shots of her :/

jbm150

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thanks chris, that's your girl. She was a freebie you gave me and introduced me to such a great species. People just don't know!

jbm150

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thanks chad :)

New girl, all I can say is :drool:

She's a haplo all right, 3 inches of bitey fury :D

Shell

Staff member
Nice Haplo, Jeff! Very pretty.

matt82

Arachnoknight
^^ Very nice T indeed :clap: What is the exact species of Haplopelma?

jbm150

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thank ya, she's a cutie. I went to order some heat packs, would have had to pay 10 in shipping so I said what the hell, if I'm gonna spend that much for shipping, may as well go all the way. I'm not sure that's really good logic but hey, made sense to me ;)

Shell

Staff member
Sounds like my kinda logic. ;)

jbm150

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Haha thanks Hendersoniana, me too :)

Here she is chowing on some crickety goodness

Pasha out chillin'. I'm surprised how built she is, stockier than my crassipes....though my camera doesn't quite capture it :/

jbm150

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
More rehousings

P. subfusca "lowland" I'm 90% sure is female

L. violaceopes I'm 75% sure is female

Don't look at me!!!

Shell

Staff member
Jeff, that emilia is stunning! I may just have to come visit and take her home with me. :p

jbm150

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Haha yeah, she is a pretty girl. I dunno about that, I'm not sure any of my Ts are clamoring for a trip to the great white north.... South Florida, where it is just soooo cozy warm and the crickets flow like wine ;)

matt82

Arachnoknight
Nice B. emilia there mate, really fast becoming my favourite Brachy, very well captured too, nice shot! Are the 1st & 2nd legs on the left side in the regeneration process? And if so, is that the result after one molt? Fascinating process :)

jbm150

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thanks matt, I quite agree, I love the looks of B. emilia. And yes, when I first got her, I accidentally pinched her two front left legs in her shipping container. She molted shortly thereafter and the two legs were stuck in the molt so she shed them. She molted again relatively quickly and had two new gangly legs. It seems as though she put all her food into the creation of the new legs and sped up the molt cycle so she wasn't without for very long. I figure she'll molt again sometime midyear and the two will be indistinguishable from the rest. Really very cool!