Kilimanjaro babboon info?

taorchard1987

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
T.Raab said:
3.5" what ? (Body length, Legspan, ???)

If you want proper information, pls try to put some engagement in your post. ;)

well it's not going to be 3.5" carapace legnth is it? leg span

T.Raab

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
and what body length ? and what your question with the size ?

taorchard1987

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
T.Raab said:
and what body length ? and what your question with the size ?
body legnth is probably about 3-4cm. i never asked a question about the size apart from how big do they grow. i was just stating that mine is only about 3.5"

T.Raab

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
taorchard1987 said:
body legnth is probably about 3-4cm. i never asked a question about the size apart from how big do they grow. i was just stating that mine is only about 3.5"
OK, then i say: Nice ! ;)

taorchard1987

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
T.Raab said:
OK, then i say: Nice ! ;)
actually at the moment i think its in pre-molt he's usually a greedy bugger but offered him food yesterday and today and he's just turning away from it. also as we speak he's webbing alot of the enclusure up and his hide underneath the corkbark, ill try n get some pics uploaded

taorchard1987

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Spider-Steve said:
wicked spider taorchard1987
whats its enclosure like and what r u feedin it?
well at the moment its in a container which measures 7"x7"x8". ive gave it enough substrate to allow it to burrow and some corkbark. it does'nt seem to burrow it prefers to just remove just enough peat from underneath the corkbark to fit in there and hide. i feed it basically nethin within the size range, hoppers, locusts,crickets,superworms and he has eaten a pinky before which is quite good considerig it only 3.5". i keep the enclosure on the dry side but i provide a water dish and give it the odd spray once a week just to raise the humdity a little. cant wait until it molts, then i can sex it

Crimsonpanther

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hey there , P.chordatus is a great African T to have !
T.Raab has been hitting the nail on everything he's said about P.chordatus , his website is possibly the best out there for African baboons .
My 4.5 " Female went right to work on a pre made burrow i had up against the glass so i could see what was going on in the burrow...untill the she lay'd some webbing then it was difficult to see in.....But all in all a great T !
Im also VERY partial to African Ts !

Heres a Pic of my beauty Hienz

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Spider-Steve said:
thats an awesome spider, crimsonpanther
will babboons normally take to pre-made burrows?
It's kind of an individual spider thing. Some will without hesitation, some will completely disregard our attemps of being courteous by securing the most reclusive spot, making it impossible for us to enjoy more than a rare glimpse.

One of those 'wait and see what it does' scenarios I guess.

Take care.

Gary

RottweilExpress

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I recently got myself 8 slings of P. Chordatus. I'm going to enjoy seing them grow! I really like the Afrikan baboons too. I'm out for some Lugardis now as I have Murinus RCF and NCF already.