Lasiodora parahybana care.

Eukio

Arachnosquire
A person locally is selling Lasiodora parahybana slings which has me interested in buying one.

I tried looking up the husbandry for them without much success. Is caring for them much different than other beginner terrestrial tarantulas?

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
No

Tons upon tons of people own this species for DECADES, and you couldn’t find any info—shocking 🙄

Last edited:

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
A person locally is selling Lasiodora parahybana slings which has me interested in buying one.

I tried looking up the husbandry for them without much success. Is caring for them much different than other beginner terrestrial tarantulas?
Did you try the magnifying glass in the corner? The search function. It’s the most common species. I keep mine like a rosé hair.

Wolfram1

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter
They are very hardy.

Do you have any specific questions?

mack1855

Arachnoangel
Arachnosupporter +
The term “bulletproof “,comes to mind.
Super easy,get big with a bigger than life appetite.
And for crying out loud,don’t pay too much.The slings are given as freebies all the time.Maybe they should pay you for taking them off their hands😜.

fcat

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
Will grow to be a sizeable tarantula, so save a spot on your shelf for a large enclosure someday.

Fun fact, someone's mom here loves them so much she has SEVENTEEN OF THEM 😍😍😍😍

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Will grow to be a sizeable tarantula, so save a spot on your shelf for a large enclosure someday.

That’s excessive 🤣 If they were very very rare- np

Wolfram1

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter

must be our team president, i got quite a few as well XD

Last edited:

Eukio

Arachnosquire
No

Tons upon tons of people own this species for DECADES, and you couldn’t find any info—shocking 🙄
You mean those care sheets and YouTube videos that are often inaccurate and lead to deaths like with avics because they convince beginner keepers to keep humidity very high?

And with all that energy you used to complain, you could have said yes or no. Even better, you could have ignored me.

Did you try the magnifying glass in the corner? The search function. It’s the most common species. I keep mine like a rosé hair.
I did. What I found were single questions that didn't really give me a full picture on what the husbandry is for this species.

One was even, "I dunno. Mine has been fine in some dirt and being fed."

At that point, I figured it was best to ask you experts.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +

They're pretty easy to care for. Make sure they stay hydrated and well fed.

Watch out for the urticating setae.

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter

Wish I could find them cheap local online there $20-55 each it seems for slings . I used to be able to find juvys that price .

You mean those care sheets and YouTube videos that are often inaccurate and lead to deaths like with avics because they convince beginner keepers to keep humidity very high?

And with all that energy you used to complain, you could have said yes or no. Even better, you could have ignored me.

I did. What I found were single questions that didn't really give me a full picture on what the husbandry is for this species.

One was even, "I dunno. Mine has been fine in some dirt and being fed."

At that point, I figured it was best to ask you experts.
I expected more search results, I keep mine the same as Rose hairss, occasionally with some of the substrate wet by overflowing the water dish. Although I don’t know if that’s necessary.

moricollins

Arachno search engine
Old Timer