Lets see your T room set up.

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
No it's an ultrasonic,not steam,I' had issues with the steam one doing the same thing.This ultrasonic doesn't seem to make puddles nor condensation on the walls,it works perfectly.$40 at Wal mart.
Ya mine says ultrasonic too i payed 53 at wm about 2 or 3 yrs ago.. And its a puddle maker xs mine looks exactly likethat tho... Lol dont touch the little metal disk wiel its on its a shocker xD

Graeboe

Arachnoknight
Ya mine says ultrasonic too i payed 53 at wm about 2 or 3 yrs ago.. And its a puddle maker xs mine looks exactly likethat tho... Lol dont touch the little metal disk wiel its on its a shocker xD
I think it's time to get a new model lol

Ciryluk3g

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
uploadfromtaptalk1426904122143.jpg

My collection has expanded since this was taken my T's now take up 3 of these shelves and 7 of my favourite new world arboreals are displayed on my dresser in acrylic spider tanks like these....

uploadfromtaptalk1426904092569.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1426904166344.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1426904122143.jpg

klawfran3

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Here are the two shelving units I use to house my spiders and the dubia colony I have.
I got the large black one (last photo) at Target for $60, the thing is absolutely massive and very sturdy. It's something like 46" wide. Please excuse the pigeon in the last photo! He decided that right then was the best opportunity to attempt landing on my head!

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
Please excuse the pigeon in the last photo! He decided that right then was the best opportunity to attempt landing on my head!]
omg that cracked me up! took me back a few years when i still had parrots.. they never seemed to want to cooperate with a picture "chichi look at the camera..." *clicks and looks at display sceen only to see all tongue and a bitey beak*

also on roaches not sure if purple is best option [never looked into dies ik red dye is bad for some animals tho] but thats a nice change to the pulp grey XD

klawfran3

Arachnolord
Old Timer
omg that cracked me up! took me back a few years when i still had parrots.. they never seemed to want to cooperate with a picture "chichi look at the camera..." *clicks and looks at display sceen only to see all tongue and a bitey beak*

also on roaches not sure if purple is best option [never looked into dies ik red dye is bad for some animals tho] but thats a nice change to the pulp grey XD
I've had those purple crates for nearly a year and nothing bad has come from it so I'm not too worried haha.

Haha I used to have a few sun conures and let me tell you there was nothing I could to keep them from biting or trying to eat every single object in my room. :p

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
I've had those purple crates for nearly a year and nothing bad has come from it so I'm not too worried haha.

Haha I used to have a few sun conures and let me tell you there was nothing I could to keep them from biting or trying to eat every single object in my room. :p
haha well no worries then.. kinda jelly mines all pulp gray =[ i could go for a green, purple or even a brown lol.my dubia are being upgraded to a acrylic enclosure soon and ill have cardboard slips between each flat to optimize space for them without pummeling eachother, but thats as much color as ill get =[..

but indeed i had some suns too and a green.. they chewed more then my puppies o.0

Anubis77

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Here are the two shelving units I use to house my spiders and the dubia colony I have.
I got the large black one (last photo) at Target for $60, the thing is absolutely massive and very sturdy. It's something like 46" wide. Please excuse the pigeon in the last photo! He decided that right then was the best opportunity to attempt landing on my head]
Hey klawfran, good to see you around here.

I've been trying a more integrated caging approach. Sticking spiders and scorpions around the house as accents.

Heterometrus sp.'s planted Zoo Med.

1.2 Centruroides sculpturatus. Really, the only animals that actively move around and do things.

Hadogenes troglodytes or, more accurately, a cage with a few rocks in it.

Actual animal room. It's a mess of storage. Poorly organized books and car parts everywhere. Nothing's been designated for animals specifically.

I've noticed a lot of European keepers use vertical glass enclosures that aren't 10 gallons. Anyone know where to find some like that in the US?

klawfran3

Arachnolord
Old Timer
haha well no worries then.. kinda jelly mines all pulp gray =[ i could go for a green, purple or even a brown lol.my dubia are being upgraded to a acrylic enclosure soon and ill have cardboard slips between each flat to optimize space for them without pummeling eachother, but thats as much color as ill get =[..

but indeed i had some suns too and a green.. they chewed more then my puppies o.0
I bet you could find a few different colored ones if you search your local farmer's market! that's where I get all of mine from.
And that cardboard thing sounds interesting. Does it actually work? I don't think I've seen someone do that with them so I wouldn't know.

I had a cockatiel and a few suns, who were loud and chewed and bit if they had a bad day. but let me tell you that in my experience a pigeon is by far the best bird you can have as a pet! They're affectionate and sweet, can't bite hard (and never attempt it), are quiet and soothing, and are easily trainable! Plus if it gets out it has a much higher chance of returning lol

---------- Post added 06-01-2015 at 08:58 AM ----------

Hey klawfran, good to see you around here.

I've been trying a more integrated caging approach. Sticking spiders and scorpions around the house as accents.
Hey Anubis what's up?

That is a pretty cool approach actually. I wouldn't try it just because I might forget about an animal that I put in a room I don't always go in to haha. Nice setup!

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
I bet you could find a few different colored ones if you search your local farmer's market! that's where I get all of mine from.
And that cardboard thing sounds interesting. Does it actually work? I don't think I've seen someone do that with them so I wouldn't know.

I had a cockatiel and a few suns, who were loud and chewed and bit if they had a bad day. but let me tell you that in my experience a pigeon is by far the best bird you can have as a pet! They're affectionate and sweet, can't bite hard (and never attempt it), are quiet and soothing, and are easily trainable! Plus if it gets out it has a much higher chance of returning lol

---------- Post added 06-01-2015 at 08:58 AM ----------

Hey Anubis what's up?

That is a pretty cool approach actually. I wouldn't try it just because I might forget about an animal that I put in a room I don't always go in to haha. Nice setup!
Yup indeed it does ;) a guy recomended it to me from a beardie forum more room and you dont have that huge gap when u put them against eachother..i had it in another caging of mine for them but only had like 5 sheets and 20+ flatts lol

klawfran3

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Yup indeed it does ;) a guy recomended it to me from a beardie forum more room and you dont have that huge gap when u put them against eachother..i had it in another caging of mine for them but only had like 5 sheets and 20+ flatts lol
I'm going to try that now! thanks for the tip!

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
I'm going to try that now! thanks for the tip!
No prob. Of course there no scientific data on breeding improvement, but in theory and doing it myself it seems like it helps, before then i was using the "pillar" sides against eachother and vice versa but making it so babies hide in the "hilled" side and adults could hide in pillars but when i placed cardboared sheet between the 2 "pillar" sides i FELT like breeding improved a bit...i did notice an increase in activity in those areas. Seemed like when feeding it took them less time to devour too lol xD