Lost & Found

fcat

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
Anyone missing a Psalmopoeus sling? Someone found one outside their house in Northern Cali, check your enclosures 🤣

At least I hope it's missing pet :(

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
Anyone missing a Psalmopoeus sling? Someone found one outside their house in Northern Cali, check your enclosures 🤣

ouch this why I don’t rehouse outside..
Probably someone making a handling video outside I saw a few on YouTube filmed outside . When I was trying to find obt jumping.
California is too cold for Ts during winter right ?

gzophia

Arachnosquire

Dang, I'll have to check that out. I'm a NorCal resident haha 🤣
Trust me though, it's not a lost pet of mine. I still have to move on from my one Tliltocatl albopilosus...
ouch this why I don’t rehouse outside..
Probably someone making a handling video outside I saw a few on YouTube filmed outside . When I was trying to find obt jumping.
California is too cold for Ts during winter right ?
Hundred percent. And yes, it gets way too cold; usually around mid 50F's where I live in the spring/fall at night and falling to low 40F's in the winter.

Mustafa67

Arachnopeon

Please donate it to me, I will take good care of it. It is my birthday tomorrow so would be the perfect birthday treat.

fcat

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
Please donate it to me, I will take good care of it. It is my birthday tomorrow so would be the perfect birthday treat.
I saw it on Reddit, just thought I'd spread the awareness in case people don't visit that site.

Fun fact, I have a P cambridgei that had been found loose at the breeders house prior to me arriving to pick up my order, so he gave it to me for free. He was about an inch, no idea how long he had been out for but he grew up just fine. I named him Lazarus because he got lucky!

Mustafa67

Arachnopeon
I saw it on Reddit, just thought I'd spread the awareness in case people don't visit that site.

Fun fact, I have a P cambridgei that had been found loose at the breeders house prior to me arriving to pick up my order, so he gave it to me for free. He was about an inch, no idea how long he had been out for but he grew up just fine. I named him Lazarus because he got lucky!
WOW that is lucky! I’m considering a P Cambridgei too. It’d be cool to get into aboreals and to learn.

fcat

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
WOW that is lucky! I’m considering a P Cambridgei too. It’d be cool to get into aboreals and to learn.
They are awesome tarantulas, fun to keep, easy to raise. Mine have all made awesome dirt curtains, and based on recommendations from the gurus here I try to give mine height and horizontal space, they will use it. And maybe due to having a little more space I don't see any defensive behavior. Personally I would recommend one before an Avicularia as far as ease of keeping, but they can be quite fast and pack a stronger bite than Avicularia, hence why I'd put a warning label on them. If youre comfortable doing rehouses already, you are ready. Oh and they are GREEN after a molt. You absolutely should get one!!!

Tbone192

Arachnoknight
My P cambridgei is ~2.5" atm and still a juvie, he/she is very feisty and all around an awesome T. Here is a pic so you can see how pretty they are. I highly recommend them, but they are definitely a step up in terms of speed and potency from many other NW T's. Lots of height and additional loose sub/sphagnum sprinkled around so they can make their web curtains.

Luckily, I don't think escaped tarantulas are commonly found in Canada. I hope the psalmo sling is taken by someone who knows how to properly care for it. Don't get me wrong, escapes can happen. In a controlled environment, AKA layers of bins in a bathtub, the escapee doesn't get very far though.

Falco
20240207230846_IMG_4752.JPG

Last edited: