Lucas' pictures

Anonymity82

Arachnoprince
Thanks the albiceps is gorgeous shes in pre-molt at the moment.
My camera cant do any justice but post-molt i should be able to get some pictures.

A. versicolor
View attachment 94954
C. cyaneopubescens sling, Thanks Hobo :3 does have a little gimped foot but I am sure it'll heal
View attachment 94955
New enclosure for my H. incei female, live potted just letting everything settle (never done a live plant tank before)
Thanks for the idea Mack, I copied your presentation :3
View attachment 94956
Hey, I was just wondering about that live plant enclosure. There doesn't seem to be any ventilation. I have seen plant only terrariums like this. Would it be safe? Would the live plants create an oxygenated ecosystem safe for a tarantula? Thanks! I've never heard of this before. Thanks!

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Very nice pictures in this thread and you seem to have a hand for catching them in hilarious situations :D

LucasNorth

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
If they are killing each other, they are cleaning up :p
They have been mating often, usually once a week all 4-5 of the MM will emerge and begin mating everything in sight(I have seen 3 mating pairs within inches of each other all do the deed). Didn't want to disturb them in the act but here are some shots right after these 2 mated. (she looks already gravid too me)
DSCF3831.jpg
DSCF3832.jpg

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
If they are killing each other, they are cleaning up :p
They have been mating often, usually once a week all 4-5 of the MM will emerge and begin mating everything in sight(I have seen 3 mating pairs within inches of each other all do the deed). Didn't want to disturb them in the act but here are some shots right after these 2 mated. (she looks already gravid too me)
Nice - you'll probably have your hands full with spiderlings. That is, if you take the sacs out, I wouldn't leave them in there, but then I don't know if the other adults would prey on the little guys - I guess so however.

LucasNorth

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Problem is, I dont know when to pull the sacs, most of these females are impossible to see 99% of the time and they have a very complex tunnel network. That being said I have 2 females which I removed from the enclosure who are both gravid in 2 separate containers. I have another female (shown in the above pictures), who is not from the communal set up and I have bred her. So hopefully 3 egg sacs that will be easy access. The rest (I estimate 6-8 gravid females remain within the communal) I will let these babies fend for themselves, but probably add more food per week. Probably will add a few new layers of bark and wood for more surface area.

Here's a comparison of Holothele sp. colombia and Holothele incei at approximately the same size.
000_0002w.jpg

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I can only imagine how hard it'll be for those little ones to survive. But, I'm assuming it is actually quite close to natural conditions in that regard maybe. Hoping the best for those offspring ;)

LucasNorth

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Walked in on these two last night, they were going at it for about an hour and didn't seem to mind me. This is within my communal tumblr_mb0vjnFNSz1rc5xq3o2_1280.jpg tumblr_mb0vjnFNSz1rc5xq3o4_1280.jpg tumblr_mb0vjnFNSz1rc5xq3o1_1280.jpg

EDIT: Anyone notice that scar on her abdomen? I've seen a few females with them, maybe from fighting?