M. balfouri sac

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
if all is well id totally like to be hooked up with a couple slings if the price is right ;D balfouri is the only one of my top 3 faves i dont have :( [actualy is my fave lol]

*starts a jar that reads "Balfouri's from singapores clutch" and puts all money from in pockets into jar]

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Also not sure if anyone has mentioned it here but DO not remove the spiderlings when they reach 2nd instar either!It is best to keep the offspring in with the female until they are about 1-1.5" legpan.
Good luck with them!
-Chris

Singapore_Blue1

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
M. balfouri update

It is safe to say my transition was a success. Here is momma with the babies. They have already begun to molt!

Attachments

fuzzyavics72

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I finally received my m balfouri from a 50/50. They were kept with momma until 5th instar. I'll post pictures of my communal! Congrats on the balfouri!!!

Singapore_Blue1

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
If you go back in breeding reports, they weren't always bred and left in like they are now. Is it more successful? Sure. Is it required? No.
Required would be the one wrong word to be using. Is it necessary is the appropriate question? Based on breeding reports and now my own personal experience I would say it is very necessary. Personally it does not matter to me which method is used the only thing that should matter is the eventual outcome being the most productive outcome. I do not believe anyone here will argue the most productive outcome is leaving the babies with the mother. This is probably my favorite species between it's Docile demeanor and nurturing care for it's young. Not to mention it's beauty :)

LordWaffle

Arachnobaron
Required would be the one wrong word to be using. Is it necessary is the appropriate question? Based on breeding reports and now my own personal experience I would say it is very necessary. Personally it does not matter to me which method is used the only thing that should matter is the eventual outcome being the most productive outcome. I do not believe anyone here will argue the most productive outcome is leaving the babies with the mother. This is probably my favorite species between it's Docile demeanor and nurturing care for it's young. Not to mention it's beauty :)
This is one of my favorite species hands down, and when I do breed my female once she's ready I am definitely leaving the sac in with her. I am also certainly not saying that it's most productive. I only take issue with the assertion that "every successful pairing" happened becuase of it, or that the sac absolutely can't be pulled if for some reason it became necessary. That's the start and end of my gripe, you and I are on the same page I think.

Protectyaaaneck

Arachnoking
Old Timer
If you go back in breeding reports, they weren't always bred and left in like they are now. Is it more successful? Sure. Is it required? No.
I went back, and I still don't see any success.

This is one of my favorite species hands down, and when I do breed my female once she's ready I am definitely leaving the sac in with her. I am also certainly not saying that it's most productive. I only take issue with the assertion that "every successful pairing" happened becuase of it, or that the sac absolutely can't be pulled if for some reason it became necessary. That's the start and end of my gripe, you and I are on the same page I think.
Let me know how it goes when you pull the sac and incubate them yourself.

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
When i produced these a while back i let the mother hatch them out. But after they hit 2nd instar i pulled all the slings except 5. I put the slings into a communal deli cup and sold them out of that cup. I still have 4 communal slings in the cup, and the 5 slings in with the mother. All are doing very well, and are pushing 2" now.