Modest tabletop setup

DonaldJ

Arachnopeon
A couple of digital microscopes (one reasonably cheap, the other cheaper), a light, a cardboard backdrop and you're in business. A 32GB memory card allows about 3 hours of video recording so you can set it up, fiddle with the lighting, start recording and go about your normal life. Examine the video files at your leisure; amazing what those critters are up to when they don't think anyone is watching...

studio.png

DonaldJ

Arachnopeon
I forgot to mention that the microscopes come with stands, which I removed and fabricated camera tripod mounts for them instead. Ooops!

DonaldJ

Arachnopeon
Awesome.

Where's the parts list?
Parts list? We don't need no steenkin' parts list!

Okay, that's some Boomer humor, sorry 'bout that. Necessity being the mother of invention, it was time to play around a bit. The first effort (cheapest unit) is a piece of wood with a threaded insert, affixed with hot-melt glue. The better unit has a tilting monitor and interchangable lenses so a better solution was required, hence the 3D-printed plastic bits (orange PLA). Please note the mount for the portable USB power bank, perfect for those times when you want to get out of the house and do some exploring. With a plastic bag it may even be waterproof; we'll see.

Plastic.png wood1.png wood2.png

SpookySpooder

"embiggened"
Arachnosupporter
I love it, too bad my 3D printing abilities only sum up to downloading and printing files :)