Most Underated Looking Spider

Sean

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Lp's, Rufilatas, maculatas. There are quite a few imo...A.Metallica, Lasiodorides striatus

harrymaculata

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i would have to say stromo and maculata are underated as is p.murinus post moult or in a threat posture they look the best, i would also say that p.fasciata are underatted mine has purple highlights, sky blue bands on her rear legs and the lush yellow bands makes this one of me favs but ya don't hear bout em much

DanD5303

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
G aureostriata and N coloratovillosus

Chacos are huge, always hungry, and sweet natured. As mine has grown larger, she has also gotten a lot more active. Brazilian black & whites also get big and they do eat! The ones I've got are not handling t's, but they are always moving around, probably looking for food. They look good too, especially after a molt.

cocopuff

Arachnopeon
1 - L.Parahybana

-Not- because of their size.

If you have the chance to get this T's from a sling, you will notice all his behavior change from each molt. Mine went from a little crybaby who wont come out of his hide to a 'im sitting in the open and I aint scared of nuthing'.

I know slings are more skittish, shy etc. But my Miss Piggy was really fun to watch growing.

2 - Pterinochilus murinus

They are crazy funny.

xBurntBytheSunx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i don't have a ton, but i enjoy all of mine...the only t i kept that i wasn't especially fond of was my a. avic b/c it would web and poop everywhere so its enclosure was so dirty i could never see it well...plus it molted into a mature male and died shortly after so that didn't help my opinion of him...

as far as under-rated i might have to say the first t i got, my a. seemani :)

for a brown spider it is extremely pretty, she's almost always visible, and plus when she is hungry she is a cricket devouring beast!....and she's still the biggest spider i own {D

joe8421

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
G.rosea and Pt.murinus around me s

but when i ask them why they are so low desirable ,the answers are all the same : too easy to get !! now especially Pt.m, a really current one here

but i love Pt.murinus Rcf,i keep it always as one of my favor

Crimsonpanther

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
W/O a doubt P. cancerides......the electric blue when there slings and the diffrent colour schemes as adults ....they grow sooo fast and you cannot beat there attitude !! My 7 " Male is really fiesty :evil: !!
Another one thats really under-rated is E. pachypus.....Those back leggs really get me....and very fiesty as well , But im a sucker for all African Sp. :clap:

Jmadson13

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Going to have to come back and say I'm quite smitten with Phormictopus sp. spiders at this point. Just as attractive as most of the Phampoebetus sp. IMO

Gesticulator

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
LPacker79 said:
P. cambridgei is definitely one of the most underrated, and one of my favorites! I've got a 6" female who I'm completely enamored with. They've got such a subtle beauty about them, and they're absolutely stunning fresh from a molt! All that lovely mossy green......
"Enamored" is a great way to put it. I sit and watch my ~ 5.75 inch lady. Her "personality" is so different than my other species. She is bold and visible. Has never shown real defensive behavior, but will let me know if I'm too close. She darts around quickly and would indeed teleport out the top, if given the opportunity. I think her colors are the most beautiful I have seen. Subtle and unique.

Others have asked for a comparison to P irminia. IME the cambridgei is a bit more subdued than her cousin.
Definitely underrated, here's my P cambridgei resting after a long awaited molt.

Attachments

Last edited:

Niloticus

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I agree Brendan. The P. Cambridgei is underrated. I love the moss green coloring. I am a big fan of the Psalmo's, particularly the P. Pulcher.

Niloticus

DanHalen

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yup, it's a pretty underrated spider. I'd like one :)

Personally, I think P. Irminia is highly underrated...

common spider

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Here is my T that I think is the most underrated.

By far the...............

..............Belize Cinnamon (crassicrus lamanai)

I think they are great.

taorchard1987

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
r these old world or new world. on petbugs.com it says tehre new world however there abdomen looks asthough there old worlds. Theres a Trinidad Chevron in the local petstore, there askin £65 for it its an adult, not sure on the sex ive only ever seen it once due to all the webbing, it has been in there since i started the hobby over a year ago. Maybe if i offer him £40 or£50 he'll accept :rolleyes: .
Heres the website, its got a pic of the very 1. You can also check all the offer spiders which r for sale, just click spiders/insects.
www.birminghamreptilesandpets.com

IguanaMama

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
They are New World. I'm in the US, so I have no idea what the prices and availablity is like where you are, but I can tell you that here slings are relatively inexpensive. And, they are REALLY REALLY REALLY FAST GROWERS. So for my money, I would buy a sling if you could get a hold of one. It's my favorite spider btw. But ssshhh, don't tell the others.
Jodi

MissssSnape

Arachnopeon
I think G. rosea's are underrated sometimes. They say they are easy and for beginners and that they stay stilla lot but ever since I got mine ( amonth ago) she has been fun even though she doesn't eat yet.
First she tought she was a swimmer
Then a miner
Now a mounteneer
Before you know it they will fly to the moon to be an astronaut

Archangel

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Gesticulator said:
"Enamored" is a great way to put it. I sit and watch my ~ 5.75 inch lady. Her "personality" is so different than my other species. She is bold and visible. Has never shown real defensive behavior, but will let me know if I'm too close. She darts around quickly and would indeed teleport out the top, if given the opportunity. I think her colors are the most beautiful I have seen. Subtle and unique.

Others have asked for a comparison to P irminia. IME the cambridgei is a bit more subdued than her cousin.
Definitely underrated, here's my P cambridgei resting after a long awaited molt.
My Elvira looks much like your P. cambridgei and is quite beautiful. My P. irminia Morticia is "quite" defensive and always gives a threat display. When I bought her from Kelly she sent me a picture of Morticia on her arm. NFW!!! But still gorgeous and I love yours.

Allen

Pennywise

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Another one

I have been waiting for my P. Pulcher to molt about 6 days now, it
found a hole in the cork bark and made a home there. right now the hole
is completely draperied over with webbing loaded with substrate.
Maybe after this molt to appx 3" I will see more of it. An exciting T to
watch when it's out and busy I think this member of the sme genus is
also underrated. Most buy Irminias because they are flashy, but Pulcher's
coloring is pretty cool too!

Last edited: