Most wanted Chinese Centipede Poll

What Chinese centipede do you want the most?

• Total voters

Dillon

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Its a toss up for me.

Of course the Yunnan Goliath's would be awesome, but I have a thing for the tiger legs as well.

Ive always been a leg man...;P

Peace

xenesthis

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Pics and what's common/rare

I have pic agreements with all my photographers/authors of photos. That's why you see "Courtesy" before the copyright info.

It's helpful to make a large collection of pics in one link so people don't have many urls to reference to see a batch of pics of different pedes.

As for what's rare and common for the U.S. hobby, my opinion is the rare pedes would be:

Yunnan Goliath Reds
Chinese Tigers Legs (a few have these, but not many in the U.S.)
Chinese Beauty (same as above)
Chinese Giant Orange (same as for tiger legs)

The S. mutilans morphs are not rare, but they are not supplied every few months. The "orange-leg morph" is not supplied often though.
As for the S. s. dehaani (SE China locality-collected), these are the same as what we get out of Malaysia and Vietnam, which are common, but some hobbyists appreciate locality info.

Of note, when we say "in the hobby", I think it's helpful to distinguish the difference between the U.S. v.s. European hobbies and also the emerging Asian hobby as well. Between the three, what is common and rare has some big differences.

KyuZo

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I have pic agreements with all my photographers/authors of photos. That's why you see "Courtesy" before the copyright info.
really Todd? i didn't know that you did.
if you honestly did, then i am sorry.

but that was my point. you posted someone else's pictures with your name on it even after I provided them with the links to the original source.

and the recent link, had a variety of other pictures of other species as well, so i wasn't sending anyone to the same pictures.

xenesthis

Arachnolord
Old Timer
pics

>but that was the problem. you posted someone else's pictures with your name >on it even after I provided them with the links to the original source.

My pics were uploaded fall of 2008 with the courtesy agreements.

I'd like to see pics of the pedes listed in this poll with lengths over 8.5" if anybody has them in your collection. I think everybody what like to see stuff like that.

SAn

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Its funny when i see names like, Giant centipede or Goliath or Monstrous or Herculian etc etc when in the end they are all just a dehaani with a different coloration..

{D

xenesthis

Arachnolord
Old Timer
giants

>Its funny when i see names like, Giant centipede or Goliath or Monstrous or >Herculian etc etc when in the end they are all just a dehaani with a different >coloration..

Interesting...., but take for example the geographical variants of the reticulated python. Same genus and species, but depending on where they were collected from, there are some size differences. This can be due to different food and weather conditions. There are giant forms of retics and dwarf forms. This applies to inverts as well.

Arachnopets

Arachnoboards Team
Staff member
Admin Note:

He said, She said, We all said ... BLAH! :rolleyes:

ENOUGH already, sheesh. :wall:

Ok, here it goes, stay ON TOPIC (this is to ALL of you - NO ONE is exempt) or not only will the thread get locked but I will be handing out infractions and maybe even suspensions. Oh and that includes ALL of you! So just QUIT IT already. :embarrassed:

Seriosly, not another word on the matter ...

Debby

Satellite Rob

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Hay guys lets take about these chinese pedes.I was thinking about getting
1 of each except the Chinese Tigar Legs and the Chinese Red Head with red
legs.Because I already have them.The Yunnan Galiath Red is a must.