"Must have" Ts that you don't find attractive

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
im not realy fond of most pokies. i mean yea p. met is amazing. but i just dont find the rest that great... tho i hate the looks of alot of lasi's id like to collect em all as their personalities are unique :)

also alot of baboons i dont find most attractive im not sure why o_O but people eat them up like free candy XD

cold blood

Staff member
If they can catch them :p At least I see my Tap.
LOL, I seriously knew you were gonna say that.:)

I'll say, if there was a t that could catch a tap, my money is on a psalmo. One of my P. cams is literally always out and visible, the other is about half the time, but my container isn't clear enough to really see it well. The irminia on the other hand, that thing is a cricket eating ghost....If I didn't have a view of the burrow against the glass, I probably would have seen it twice in the last 6 months...hahaha.

RegallRegius

Arachnosquire
A misspelling of G.pulchra

Oh, OK. I thought maybe I was missing something there. Wasn't meaning to "point out" a typo, even tho it seems that way. I am always interested in new species, so that caught my eye. ;)

That is a beautiful pulchra, BTW. :D

awiec

Arachnoprince
im not realy fond of most pokies. i mean yea p. met is amazing. but i just dont find the rest that great... tho i hate the looks of alot of lasi's id like to collect em all as their personalities are unique :)

also alot of baboons i dont find most attractive im not sure why o_O but people eat them up like free candy XD
I remember saying I'd never have a baboon but it's the personality that won me over. They are very industrious and seem to do something new every week. Sure South American and Asian species beat them out in color most of the tine but baboons have their own charm.

LOL, I seriously knew you were gonna say that.:)

I'll say, if there was a t that could catch a tap, my money is on a psalmo. One of my P. cams is literally always out and visible, the other is about half the time, but my container isn't clear enough to really see it well. The irminia on the other hand, that thing is a cricket eating ghost....If I didn't have a view of the burrow against the glass, I probably would have seen it twice in the last 6 months...hahaha.
I'd go with a dwarf, they are basically giant wolf spiders.

cold blood

Staff member
lol it true lmao i mean some look nice...[bright colors does not mean put it in your mouth/ eat it!].. but i dont find most attractive.. cool, yes. must haves? not quite XD
I completely agree, they are not for everyone, they tunnel, hide and a lot don't appreciate light none too much. I almost think nightowls may prefer them...I'm typically up late, so when mine comes out, I am usually able to see it, and because its not a daily (nightly) thing, I really appreciate their appearances. I love when my A. ezendami has its goldy/orange legs and blue feed out of the top of its turret. And when the little I. mira has its blue feet out of the trap door, well for me that's every bit as good as seeing the whole thing. May get a P. muticus very soon.

Amimia

Arachnosquire
Personally, I don't think A. genics are anything special. I also don't like a lot of the brachys. I can see their appeal but I don't know, it doesn't get to me haha
Also, I don't like a lot of the green/olive Ts. Some of them just look like mossy water :sarcasm:

Feriat

Arachnopeon
I used to feel this way...I saw them as the dog in a purse kind of t...a little too fufu. I was convinced by a friend (or two) on the boards here to give them a shot....got a pair of versi slings last spring, I'm now a huge Avic fan. Even at 1/2" they were always aggressive eaters and made cool web tubes to hunt from. I just re-housed one and seeing it out, its really impressive just how vibrant they are as well...and mine are mild mannered so far and despite their speed, a breeze to deal with...very cooperative little guys for the most part...nothing like my Psalmos...my psychos like to hide, then all at once show their insane speed. I bet the P. cams are much less cooperative when re-housing.

LP's....boooooo!
I own one avic because I bought a bunch of T's at once from someone and they happened to have a 3" Avicularia sp. something. I just don't like the way they look. I also work with a T breeder/dealer and have to interact with their avics for various reasons and I can't stand them. I'm fairly colorblind, so I tend to go more towards T's with interesting patterns like pokies.

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
I completely agree, they are not for everyone, they tunnel, hide and a lot don't appreciate light none too much. I almost think nightowls may prefer them...I'm typically up late, so when mine comes out, I am usually able to see it, and because its not a daily (nightly) thing, I really appreciate their appearances. I love when my A. ezendami has its goldy/orange legs and blue feed out of the top of its turret. And when the little I. mira has its blue feet out of the trap door, well for me that's every bit as good as seeing the whole thing. May get a P. muticus very soon.
i have no problem with a pet hole. im a night own myself [at work now] and when im off i only live based off my laptop/tv on lowest brightness eco settings and my heat lamps for herps lighting the room [red. it lets me see so i dont have to randomly flip lights on and off lmao] and i see my little T's all the time. especially my burrowers, boehmei's chromatus. and aven my little hiding P. cam. so not seeing this bothers me almost not at all [actually debatng on a fossoreal] but i dont find some as entertaining as others i mean there is a few like the always famous M. balfouri and few others on my note pad i like.. but most arnt something on my wishlist just kinda a "if you find this on craigslist for cheep nab it" kinda thing lmaoo

but agree 100% not for everyone i could say the same for NW tho too XD

miserykills

Arachnosquire
I would take anything if it was being given to me like as a freebie or something but I would never spend money on a B. albopilosum and I wouldn't get another G. rosea/porteri but I do love the one I have since it was my first. I don't know if anyone considers any Aphonopelma sp. a "must have" but theres only a couple in the genus that I like.I probably wouldn't spend too much on an avic either unless it was one of the very cool looking ones but they're too expensive for me to bother with right now. I do plan on getting some type of avic at some point though I just have to find the best looking one first.

Tim Benzedrine

Prankster Possum
Old Timer
I don't know if they are "must haves" but the horn on a C. marshalli kind of squicks me out for some reason...

Ghost Dragon

Arachnopeon
Yeah my P irminia is nearing 6" inches they arent as small as I expected.

She is a PET WEB , not a hole.
Yes, definitely not a hole. More of a pet web/dirt curtain kind of girl. I can't get over how fast she's grown. I've had her almost a year, and she seems to have gone from an inch to 3.5 inches in no time.

Not a fan of the porteri. I've rescued two, and while I wouldn't trade them, I definitely would not go out and purposefully buy one. I like mine more for their personalities. One, Itsy, will almost come when called (rubbing your thumb & forefinger together so she can feel the vibrations), and the other, Lily (or Bombshelter Betty, as I'm tempted to rename her), completely excavated underneath her hide so that it slowly sank down through 4 inches of substrate, and she has just enough of a hole to climb up out of now.

Misty Day

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Theraphosas, their colors are bland and they don't have much to offer besides size.

HungryGhost

Arachnoknight
B. smithi & G. rosea do nothing for me. I wouldn't take a G. rosea for free. If you paid me, maybe.

I understand why LPs are not found attractive by some. Salmon Pink my @sss! That being said I have one and I love it. It's like a tank to me. Big, gass guzzling, and powerful. Not pretty in any way. It's growth rate and size are what do it for me.