My annual lesson in perserverance

l4nsky

Aspiring Mad Genius
Arachnosupporter +
Hey man don’t beat yourself up, Syringa vulgaris is a headache for everyone!! And sounds good I’ll help out wherever possible!!

I once had a hard prop project like this with Sciadopitys verticillata that was hard as hell. I had such abysmal success and cuttings that took the better part of 6mo or was it 9mo I believe to root, with numerous trials and countless errors. My professor told me not even to try lol. Eventually you’ll have at least one success!!
Lol I won't lose any sleep over this, it's just frustrating that I only get one shot a year without resorting to TC. As always, I appreciate the help sir.

schmiggle

Arachnoking
And I had tried endless times but I never could even get the seeds of Tacca chantrieri to germinate. I had to keep them near 100F for many months to even have a chance at them. Seed prop with such strict requirements for extended periods of time is tough as hell. So don’t be hard on yourself! One day I’ll try with the bat flower again, when I’m ready for that investment in time :drunk:
Man, ridiculous. What are they expecting in the wild that makes that reasonable? Did you use GA (I assume yes, but gotta ask those stupid questions)