My first 5 Slings PICS

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
Sorry I haven't had any chance to reply to this. I've did what you suggested the day after. 16 oz deli cup, with air holes (like 30) every 30 degrees, and lots in the lid. Gave it a small cap full of water, dry substrate and some tree roots to wander around on. She hasn't eaten for a few days, but I've given a pre killed cricket. Seems much more content, like a little jaguar, thinking of naming it "Bagheera Sabor" lolz. I would say that she's not really settled in yet, no new webbing, but I've put all the threading from the pill jar in there to hopefully promote it - no luck.

The P cambridgei has set up set up shop behind the wood i provided. shes got two nice tube webs going atm. there are 4 small air holes at the base of her new chamber, so airflow wont be an issue. Popped out to snag a massive cricket relative to her.

:) I'm not terribly excited to rehouse the Psalm cambridgei once it outgrows its home.. I'm sure I'll manage though. :biggrin: worst case scenario is it runs for it.. and I have to gather it up, nothing I wont be able to cope with.
lol i thought this same way when i took mine from the 16oz to 32oz container. i put both containers in a big 26g tote and expected the worst.. and it just hid in its hide. i put its foliage in the new cup and no more then i set it down and was going to put lid on to wait. he was out on a new leaf lol.. come to find out he was in premolt BUT not even a a few days prior zipped around a 32oz catch cup from its unboxing lmao. i imediutly thought "well.. this one will be fun" and has been no problem. i think is in premolt again and is webbing up a storm once again now nowhere to be found.. and i whent from "oh im cool" to "oh... a ton of new silk.. and i cant find him... this is gona suck -.- "

Kruggar

Arachnobaron
lol i thought this same way when i took mine from the 16oz to 32oz container. i put both containers in a big 26g tote and expected the worst.. and it just hid in its hide. i put its foliage in the new cup and no more then i set it down and was going to put lid on to wait. he was out on a new leaf lol.. come to find out he was in premolt BUT not even a a few days prior zipped around a 32oz catch cup from its unboxing lmao. i imediutly thought "well.. this one will be fun" and has been no problem. i think is in premolt again and is webbing up a storm once again now nowhere to be found.. and i whent from "oh im cool" to "oh... a ton of new silk.. and i cant find him... this is gona suck -.- "
I hear ya Pyro, I figure that most of the fear is in my head. The only way to get comfortable doing something is to simply do it. I'll have to just move a few fast T's.. Challenge accepted! lol

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
I hear ya Pyro, I figure that most of the fear is in my head. The only way to get comfortable doing something is to simply do it. I'll have to just move a few fast T's.. Challenge accepted! lol
Lol im personally not into many ow but i figure when i get this guy grown uo any other Ts (prob excluding taps) will be a cake walk ;p

Kruggar

Arachnobaron
Lol im personally not into many ow but i figure when i get this guy grown uo any other Ts (prob excluding taps) will be a cake walk ;p
Yeah, The Red Queen convinced me ;) to go OW. no worries. :biggrin:

---

Okay photo update (finally!!):

Here are the current containers, Green lid is Psalm. cambridei, large round is Versicolor, tiny one is for the tiny smithi, Large square has the G rosea (probably overkill, but I like that I can keep one end of the container quite wet and the other bone dry with the water lid). SShe should eventually grow into it.

Here is the P cambridgei container, you can just make her wee legs poking out of the top hole, there's another one on the side. I gave her a good sized cricket today. It went into her hole where she promptly dispatched it, but doesn't seem to be eating it any, I'll keep an eye out.

A. versicolor. Has finally started making somewhat of a web hammock in this new container. lots of holes for airflow per per Poec54. I didn't realize how long it can take them to settle into a new spot.

The wee Smithi. does she look in premolt yet? I'm too green to know what I'm talking about. HA. Shes at least nice and plump compared to when I got her.

G rosea, really getting the milage out of this container, she's dug some shallow burrows, and has tunnels going under the cork bark in there. Also Premolts anyone? I don't wanna be patient.

any input and feedback is greatly appreciated. :biggrin:

Happy monday.

Kruggar

Arachnobaron
*cough Cough..

can I get a +1 on my new set ups?

BUMPITY BUMP BUMP

Kruggar

Arachnobaron
Update: the P Cambridgei molted! :biggrin:

I've also named them
Versi: Bagheera Sabor
Smithi: Dink The Measly Luchador
Rosea: El vagabundo
Cambridgei: Colonel Insignia

Thoughts? Lol :biggrin:

Angel Minkov

Arachnobaron
Nice thread, Krugger.

The enclosures seem neat. The Avic. enclosure seems fine, but I must say I have no real experience with Avics. The smithi seems to be in premolt.

Saark

Arachnosquire
My real concern is it the fast ones run up the tweezers and to my hand, and I involuntarily flick them off. Hurting them or having them escape. I imagine that once the full grown T is in it's permanent container, this won't be as much an issue. :biggrin:

I know that the bathtub may be safer, but I usually put the container inside a large tub of cocofiber I have, so if they do decide to crawl out while its open, they'll be slowed down greatly. The versi had quite the exploration last night, waving its front legs around. Took some encouragement to get it back in its jar. :biggrin: :biggrin:
---------- Post added 09-24-2014 at 09:24 AM ----------

Shoot. I mean to say, that I fear me flicking them off... Not that this is something I do lol.
I use a fine paintbrush to herd them where I need :biggrin:
I saw a picture somewhere of person using a paintbrush with the handle shoved through a funnel so if the T ran up the brush it would end up inside the funnel cone. I thought that seemed like a pretty brilliant idea. Personally, I am thinking about buying a pair of puncture resistant gloves. I recently kinda dove in head first with OW Ts (H. lividum, P. muticus, P. murinus x2, P. regalis, P. rufilata, C. fimbriatus (never, ever, like really, never see this one. It never leaves it's burrow, same with the OBTs) and think it wouldn't be a half bad idea to have some small amount of protection against getting tagged. I started with all slings so I could get used to them as they grow and I never reach into an enclosure with anything but tongs but the added puncture resistance has a certain appeal :)

In any event, enjoy the new babies!