My GBB (Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens) hasn't eaten since November

KingDraqon

Arachnopeon
It ate twice when I got it in October, but stopped sometime in the beginning of November. Tried many different feeders, but no luck. I keep it in my office because its the warmest part of the house, usually around 70-75 F. I tried different humidifies as well. I live in Texas so its usually around 50% in the house itself. Not sure if I am doing anything wrong, any help or advice is appreciated.

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
It ate twice when I got it in October, but stopped sometime in the beginning of November. Tried many different feeders, but no luck. I keep it in my office because its the warmest part of the house, usually around 70-75 F. I tried different humidifies as well. I live in Texas so its usually around 50% in the house itself. Not sure if I am doing anything wrong, any help or advice is appreciated.
Pictures might be helpful :pics: :artist:

cold blood

Staff member
A smaller enclosure with less height, a water dish, and more anchor points would be a good start.

Brewser

AraneaeRebel
Arachnosupporter
Nice healthy lookin C. Cyaneopubescens.
Anchor points -Dry Hardwood, Bark, Branches. for it to web up and create Hides.
Best Regards,

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Not sure - but have raised many- they are ravenous eaters

HOITrance

Arachnosquire
My female went through a stage at the 1-1.5'" mark where she did not eat for almost 3 months. T's can be weird. I will second some of the other comments that a smaller enclosure with more anchor points to web would probably make it settle more.

fcat

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
I think that enclosure is too big, but as long as it has anchors to web to, and can find food and water (you'll need to door dash it), it can be done. I did it 🤣
If you don't want to read my post here is a pic. Note the horizontal anchors

Screenshot_20240208-164617.png

Not the easiest route for your critter, or you, but critter is paramount.

You didn't specify a size but it looks pretty young, maybe just exiting the sling stage where they do need access to moist substrate. The size is quite important...if it's small enough to need some moisture then kicking up the ambient temperatures may be detrimental.

But that would be my recommendations more appropriate setup, then bring the ambient temp up a few degrees to trigger spring temps...look up their native habitat.