My Mexican Rose Grey and I

NaePaul

Arachnopeon
Hello, I am new to this whole thing lol and I really could use some help as I keep getting conflicting information. I’ve tried to get info on my spider through Petco and a local pet store. He was a rescue and about to be mailed for states away if I didn’t take him in and was sort of a gift so, this isn’t me getting an animal. I can’t take care of lol I just need to know about the heat source and humidity since everything. I’m reading conflicts with everything else. I’d also like to know if somebody can give me a good idea on when the fangs are ready to consume food after a molt , thank you

TLSizzle

Arachnoknight
Welcome! Give the sticky titled, Tarantula Information for Beginners a read. Has great information.

ETA, it's under the Tarantula Questions section

TLSizzle

Arachnoknight
Sorry, I messed the link up!
Edited my post on how to find it.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Hello, I am new to this whole thing lol and I really could use some help as I keep getting conflicting information. I’ve tried to get info on my spider through Petco and a local pet store. He was a rescue and about to be mailed for states away if I didn’t take him in and was sort of a gift so, this isn’t me getting an animal. I can’t take care of lol I just need to know about the heat source and humidity since everything. I’m reading conflicts with everything else. I’d also like to know if somebody can give me a good idea on when the fangs are ready to consume food after a molt , thank you
What have you read?

fcat

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
Do you have a picture, and size estimate? Common names are not helpful and can even be made up. There's a Mexican rose and a Mexican rose grey 🤣 🙄 but husbandry won't be too far off....size would be more important

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
I didn’t know Mexican rose grey was in the Bobby hmm. 🧐 wish I found people local giving Ts away .

fcat

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
I didn’t know Mexican rose grey was in the Bobby hmm. 🧐 wish I found people local giving Ts away .
Aphonopelma palladium ("Mexican rose" or "rose grey" and Tliltocatl verdezi ("Mexican rose grey")
And they look pretty similar to the untrained eye

Why common names should be scrapped