My Roaches

Hisserdude

Arachnoking
Those are the best looking roaches I’ve seen , unfortunately on occasion my orange heads and dubia attack freshly molted roaches. Lost one yesterday. Nice collection how many species do you currently keep ?
Cannibalizing freshly molted individuals usually either means not enough protein or not enough moisture for the colony. Though when a culture gets big enough, occasional cannibalism becomes impossible to avoid.

I'm not sure how many roaches specifically ATM, I'm up to 335 species of inverts total though, and I'd say maybe a third to nearly half of what I keep are roaches.

I love your collection, I'd love to talk about it if you don't mind. I couldn't message you though. I love how many you have. How many species do you have in all?
Yeah I think my inbox here is full. Bit you can message me at invertebratedudeATgmail.com :) And I'm up to 335 species atm, I keep track of my species list here.

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
Cannibalizing freshly molted individuals usually either means not enough protein or not enough moisture for the colony. Though when a culture gets big enough, occasional cannibalism becomes impossible to avoid.

I'm not sure how many roaches specifically ATM, I'm up to 335 species of inverts total though, and I'd say maybe a third to nearly half of what I keep are roaches.

Yeah I think my inbox here is full. Bit you can message me at invertebratedudeATgmail.com :) And I'm up to 335 species atm, I keep track of my species list here.
Wow 🤩 I would be overwhelmed with that many species . Right now I’m slowly running out of tarantulas because I can’t find a job. And need a plan to sneak more in , cost to much to move out more then any entry level job pays . Why does this happen these last two threads, is cat food not enough protein ?

Hisserdude

Arachnoking
Wow 🤩 I would be overwhelmed with that many species . Right now I’m slowly running out of tarantulas because I can’t find a job. And need a plan to sneak more in , cost to much to move out more then any entry level job pays . Why does this happen these last two threads, is cat food not enough protein ?
Well orange heads are very notorious for nipping each other's wings and cannibalizing freshly molted individuals. One reason can be a lack of protein (they are very protein hungry roaches), however they will also eat each other when there's not enough moisture being offered either. Considering a lot of people breed that species in bare bottom setups, makes sense why they can cannibalistic with some regularity.