Arachnoking
Old Timer
Not The People That Dont Know The Scientific Name :D

JSN

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
;)
RyanC said:
... Atleast if people are gonna use common names try not to make it so general such as gold scorpion, texas scorpion, rock scorpion, etc. It's always best to learn scientific names as people will know exactly what scorpion you are talking about.
I agree, but when this happens, I think we should do our best to try to figure what scorpion they are talking about, them help them with their problem or question, rather than going on about it...

ynot

Arachnopeon
so what is the actual name for my scorpion? so i can ask for help in the future and make it easyer.

thanks for all the help everyone gave me.

JungleGuts

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
JSN said:
enough about the anti-common name mumbo jumbo, yes we should be using scientific names but some people dont care about em' and are asking us to help em' out with their scorpions...so we must try the best we can with the names they give us, unless ofcourse they have a picture or something, then we would automatically recognize it...its just really starting to bug me how people focus on that rather than helping people out...when he said "rock" scorpion, I assumed flat rock/hadodenes...his picture confirmed it, there ya go...

sorry for ranting, just had to get this off my chest...
so does it hurt to at least ask for a scientific name?? i dont think it does myself

Bayushi

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
JungleGuts said:
so does it hurt to at least ask for a scientific name?? i dont think it does myself
I don't think it hurts to ask... but if someone has already asked do we need a couple more people asking as well? for that matter sometimes people just don't know the scientific name and can only go by what they are told is the common name.

H. cyaneus

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I just relized that you're from Sydney, Australia. So, unless this scorpion was illegally imported, it can't be a Hadogenes. It might be a Liocheles, but it looks way too much like a Hadogenes.

Mike

JSN

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
JungleGuts said:
no, but if someone doesnt know the scientific name, then should we attack them rather then focus on answering their question?...your reply had no real point to it...

JungleGuts

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
JSN said:
no, but if someone doesnt know the scientific name, then should we attack them rather then focus on answering their question?...your reply had no real point to it...
:? :? :? i was stateing what i though on the matter and i have every right to do so

Crono

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
H. cyaneus said:
I just relized that you're from Sydney, Australia. So, unless this scorpion was illegally imported, it can't be a Hadogenes. It might be a Liocheles, but it looks way too much like a Hadogenes.

Mike
It looks very similar to Liocheles, and my logic is pointing to it being a member of this genus, first ynot is from Australia, which really narrows down the field of possible scorps.

Also The pic ynot was pointing us to "looks like" his scorp, but it isn't. It isn't his pic. The pic might be a Hadogenes, but all this tells us is that his scorp looks like a Hadogenes.
However, Liocheles are similar in appearance to Hadogenes, and I admit I couldn't tell the difference from a single pic, so it could be a Liocheles.
There is an off chance it could be a Hadogenes, but it would probably be the situation H. cyaneus mentioned;)

Dave Mc

Crono

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Back on topic- How long have you had it and how long has it not been eating?

ynot

Arachnopeon
ok i just did some reserch and the name of it is Urodacus Manicatus or black rock scorpion :) ok ive had it for a 5days now and it ate on the 1st day and hasnt eaten since.

Crono

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Give it about a week, then try feeding it again. Scorps don't need to eat that much.
Mine get fed once a week when I get around to buying crickets, so about 7-10 days, and even then they don't always eat.
Hope this helps
Dave Mc

lychas

Arachnolord
Old Timer
i was reading thru, then wen he said it was a black rock scorp i knew it was urodacus manicatus, i have 5, i dont give them heat so during winter so they dont eat much, but if you just fed 4 or 5 days ago dont worry, mine go 4 months without food during winter

ynot

Arachnopeon
YAY!!!!!!! his eating! i just leave a few crikets inside tha tank and his been eating them these past 2 days. so happy now :D

lychas

Arachnolord
Old Timer
good 2 hear, out of my 5 manicatus 3 of them are eating but i'm not 2 worried bout the other 2

mattyj

Arachnopeon
hey dude we cant get Hadogenes sp in australia ..we have liocheles sp which look the same. do you have any idea what state it is from? n its not a urodacus manicatus .. manicatus look like this

Attachments

Last edited: