my T doesn't eat or drink =[

Jason la Jason

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
it's been 5 days after it's molt and i've thrown in a half dead crix that has no ability of hurting anything other than laying there rdy to be digested, however i haven't seen my T touched it and infect when i put it close to the crix it actually runs away. neither have i seen it drink the 2 water dish i put in there for it and i believe the water is diappearing by evaporation, do i have to wait longer for it to feed? or is there a problem?

btw it's an A. Hentz

thx

David_F

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Just give it a few days. Offer food every couple days or so and keep the water dish full. May take it a while but everything should be okay.

Sequin

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hey dont sweat it.... sometimes they take a week and a half to eat and drink again... just give it a bit more time to harden up, then throw in some moving food...

Greg Wolfe

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Lethargy after molt

Your pet is still recovering from its molt. The bigger the T the more time it needs to harden up and hydrate itself. Give it another week.
Some of my larger T's needed 2 weeks before they ate again, and make sure you keep refilling the water dish with fresh water!

Jason la Jason

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
thx, it's a female about 2-3 inches, i donno know how old as the pet store didn't know and it is a WC, i'll keep the water dish full and give it more time, then i'll probably throw in the smallest crix i got that can still give it a chase

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
At that size, I'd give it a week, or even TWO. Not to worry, they have very slow metabolisms, she'll be fine! :)