My wife interacting with "Zilla"

m3z

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
WOW!!! That is a nice looking huge spider!

Diablo1984

Arachnopeon
Nice Video RobC!

I love your video's very much!
Ceep op the good work!

Greetz,

A FAN from the netherlands :D

kalvaer

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Awesome vid again!

Your both braver than I would be. Especially both being bare foot around a T that big running on the floor

brandi71183

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I have been in the hobby since 2002 or 2003. I just recently got my husband interested. Now we have so many T's we are running out of room. So in my case it was the other way around and my husband needed the convincing. LOL

Rob, Zilla is awesome and your wife is a trooper!

Rob your wife is Hawt!:D
err I mean nice spider!haha
Its cool you guys can enjoy the hobby together tho.Most women
want nothing to do with spiders!!

Miss Bianca

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
awesome video! she's definetely braver than most.
It's great you both love Ts
:)

bamato

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Awesome Vid :) It's good to see other people with wives that get into the hobby with them :) Makes things so much easier :)

WS6Lethal

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Zilla is a big girl! Very impressive.

It's cool to see some women not afraid to handle a T. I can't even think of any around here who would even touch one. :razz:

-Jeremy

Moultmaster

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
there's one part in the video where you say "don't you hurt my girl". Were you directing that comment at the T or your wife? lol

Pokerplayer

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Nice wife and really nice spider, as u have shown many times before.

But i feel sad 2 see the spider treatet like this.
Unnecessary stress if u ask me.
Some might learn something by seeing this...but i think most allready knows big is not = aggresive/danger.

I also know u love that spider 2 death.
But to me...the best way to show u love the animal, is by leaving it in the inclosure.

To see it stumple around like a wounded animal, just made me so sad.

But we all see things different and thats all fine i guees.

MrRogers

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Nice wife and really nice spider, as u have shown many times before.

But i feel sad 2 see the spider treatet like this.
Unnecessary stress if u ask me.
Some might learn something by seeing this...but i think most allready knows big is not = aggresive/danger.

I also know u love that spider 2 death.
But to me...the best way to show u love the animal, is by leaving it in the inclosure.

To see it stumple around like a wounded animal, just made me so sad.

But we all see things different and thats all fine i guees.
I can understand your point to a degree.

However I just don't think Ts feel emotions and stress the way humans, or larger animals do. The spider never once got aggressive, or curled up and didn't even give an aggressive hair kick.

It seemed to just be reacting to stimulation, and I guess at best it was "annoyed" but even then, it's a spider... it doesn't get bothered like we do, just reactive and "on it's toes". It seemed to get a little sluggish towards the end too... I think if it was being treated badly it would've made a greater effort to flee, or be more aggressive IMNEO (In My Non-Expert Opinion)

<EDIT> P.S. - Besides... listen to Robc... it's his "baby" :D

Last edited:

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I can understand your point to a degree.

However I just don't think Ts feel emotions and stress the way humans, or larger animals do. The spider never once got aggressive, or curled up and didn't even give an aggressive hair kick.

It seemed to just be reacting to stimulation, and I guess at best it was "annoyed" but even then, it's a spider... it doesn't get bothered like we do, just reactive and "on it's toes". It seemed to get a little sluggish towards the end too... I think if it was being treated badly it would've made a greater effort to flee, or be more aggressive IMNEO (In My Non-Expert Opinion)

<EDIT> P.S. - Besides... listen to Robc... it's his "baby" :D
I rarely ever get her out (this was only the 2nd time) and while she may have looked a bit "wobbly", she was fine...she tends to look like that whenever she moves around for a few minutes, even in her enclosure. Plus it was my mistake to have her out on carpet...her claws were getting stuck and I should have just had her on the flooring instead.