Mycelium In G Pulchra Tank?

Starflare

Arachnopeon
Hi everyone. I have some kind of ....mold? in my G Pulchra enclosure. Was told it was "mycelium, the origin of the mushroom, not the fruiting body." It's below the surface in the overflow spot. They advised me to put her in a bare enclosure with nothing else ( soil, water dish etc.) for up to a week for observation. My question is....is this safe? What if she climbs and falls. I don't want her to get hurt, she's been my dream spider for thirty years and I adore her. Is this stuff dangerous to her?

435239962_967445411671323_2764337961084532902_n.jpg 440127638_1505342477062958_1536798073764935978_n.jpg

Attachments

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
I wouldn’t say it’s dangerous just let that spot dry out maybe move dish somewhere else. Here’s an example of bad bad mold .

spideyspinneret78

Arachnoprince
It won't hurt the tarantula, but it can be unsightly and difficult to get rid of if there's a bad infestation. You can let it dry out for a while and increase ventilation, since mold flourishes in damp, stagnant environments. You can also replace the substrate if there's a lot of it and you want to start fresh.

cold blood

Staff member
It's below the surface in the overflow spot
This is specifically the reason why there should never be a overflow spot. If you need to dampen an area for a t...you have a pulchra so this NEVER needs to be done, ever....but if you just dampen one single area all the time, it creates a place for molds to grow....dampened places should always be rotated to leave areas thoroughly dry out.
They advised me to put her in a bare enclosure with nothing else ( soil, water dish etc.) for up to a week for observation.
an Hilarious over-reaction....all you need to do is pick it out and dry out the enclosure....like it should be for a pulchra.
My question is....is this safe?
Its hardly harmful
What if she climbs and falls.
Well, this is an enclosure set-up issue....you need to set up the enclosure to reduce any fall risk...if there is too much room for the t to fall, it means you need to add more substrate.