Native USA (Giant) Centipede PICTURE Thread

arachnothing

Arachnopeon
Im from SoCal, and have traveled penniless far and wide, so the threat and scumbaggery of wild dogs and wingnuts are second nature to me. Always up for adventure. Any chance you could PM the Rialto wasteland's general whereabouts to me. I promise not to pillage.

jseng

Arachnosquire
Scolopendra alternans (FL Keys; note: this isn't it's permanent home; just where I feed it).

Attachments

jseng

Arachnosquire
Scolpendra alternans (Haitian Giant) pedeling (note: these may have originated in Haiti, but they're established and collected in FL, just like the Keys alternans)

Attachments

Mastigoproctus

Centiman
Scolpendra alternans (Haitian Giant) pedeling (note: these may have originated in Haiti, but they're established and collected in FL, just like the Keys alternans)
you found out the collection site? They look like Haiti pedelings but only time will tell.

Ripa

Arachnobaron
My 6.5 inch (excluding terminal legs and antennae) Texas redhead. Always hyperactive, a fruitcake at the very least.

Attachments

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
in real life it is like... 2mm long. the whole leg was only something like 5-7mm long iirc

i did have dead scorps and centipedes and stuff hanging in my front windows for a while at one apartment =P

i was trying to give the natives the impression i was something horrible so they would, you know, quit breaking into my joint
what are the 3-5 biggest species of pedes???you can catch in ohio? Sadly no big ones up here! Makes me wish i lived in south, awsome pics.

Mastigoproctus

Centiman
Castaniceps is in Ohio in the dry forests but this is not prime time of the year for pede catching. I have 52 centipedes right now total but I have 10 over 6" and they are up for grabs if I find people looking for pedes. If you are interested in one let me know and we will see what we can work out, I don't charge premiums so I'll hook you up good if you are interested. PM me if you are looking for a big pede for sale. Oh here's a pic of a 4" Alternans just to stick to the main subject of this thread.

Attachments