Need advice for possibly sick terantula.

Niclaas

Arachnopeon
Hi guys.

My pet red and white birdeater has been off lately, she refuses to eat for the past 3 months, the skin is off of her abdomen but not the rest of her body, she moves very slowly and doesnt even run away when i try to touch her. Where usually she is inside her hiding place, she now comes out regularly, usualy she bails mediately whrn she senses movement, now she barely moves when i touch her. I dont want her to die this is my second red and white. Please any advice?

HOITrance

Arachnosquire
Hi guys.

My pet red and white birdeater has been off lately, she refuses to eat for the past 3 months, the skin is off of her abdomen but not the rest of her body, she moves very slowly and doesnt even run away when i try to touch her. Where usually she is inside her hiding place, she now comes out regularly, usualy she bails mediately whrn she senses movement, now she barely moves when i touch her. I dont want her to die this is my second red and white. Please any advice?
First off pictures of the spider and enclosure would be of immense help. Sounds as if its either stressed or in premolt...probably the latter, but without pics we can only guess.

read these.

Niclaas

Arachnopeon
Ho, tha k you very much, ill take some pictures as soon as she comes out again, i dont want to disturb her right now, ill add some pictures of the enclosure but the picture quality isnt that good, hoe it helps

Attachments

kingshockey

Arachnoangel
quit trying to touch/poke at it add a whole bunch more dirt to prevent fall risk /injury and or death to it.guessing the lid is probably one of those mesh wire type screen ones. if thats the case then use search function to learn how to replace it with a vented accrylic lid to prevent it getting a foot caught on the wire screen lid. it might drop its leg and fall to its death then with the level of dirt you have presently.

Mustafa67

Arachnosquire
Hi guys.

What is a red and white birdeater? Can you use latin names?

Can you take clearer pics? Maybe with better lighting?

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
The pics were pretty out of focus , but if fall space is more then 1.5 x the legspan your in need of fixing that.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I see nothing but pics of dirt in those pics- thanks! :rolleyes:

Did you even look at the images before posting to see if people could understand what the hell you took pics of..................

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
Eating for three months + up to even some cases years is nothing to be concerned about; a bald patch on the abdomen means it has kicked/flicked setae off, this is also normal but can signal increased defensive behavior or; decreased "energy", all these could mean a molt is imminent. But that being said we can't actually tell you for sure and the photos are less than optimal for us to really assist you in giving any potential more concrete help.