New babies coming tomorrow!

Saark

Arachnosquire
I'm wicked excited to be adding to my very modest collection of Ts. I'm getting a Pamphobeteus nigricolor, Pamphobeteus ultrnarinus, Hapolopus sp. 'Pumpkin Patch' and a Heterothele villosella. The best part? They are early Christmas presents from my wife! How cool is she? This will bring me up to 19. I think I'll keep my collection at right around 20. I'm saving a spot for a P. metallica :)

Anyway, these are all new to me so if you care to share any tips, hints or experiences with them, I'm all ears, err... eyes I guess.

Thanks!
Saark

cold blood

Staff member
You are gonna fall head over heels for those Pamphos! My nigricolor my favorite, it ALWAYS wants to eat, even in pre-molt! Its very fast, slightly skittish (but it gets over it quickly when food is near) and best of all, mine has never for a minute hid...its ALWAYS out and visible. As sweet as nigricolor is, the ultramarinus is one I can't see affording in the near future, they are ridiculously priced (and ridiculously pretty). This genus needs to be better represented in the hobby, HIGHLY underrated IMO! I live the Christmas tree pattern the slings sport as well.

I really like all your new t's, in fact....y'all got some good taste:) Enjoy.

awiec

Arachnoprince
Pamphos are practically the perfect spider. They have reasonable care requirements, love to eat, grow fast, have some attitude, are out often and are pretty. You know they are in heavy premolt when they don't want anything to do with a cricket nor do they stay there for long. My pampho is about 3 inches so I will be seeing adult colors soon. Also you better treat your wife good, ultramarinus is in the top tier of expensive spiders, p.metallica is nothing compared to them; though I find mine to be the most laid back pokie I got so its not a bad starter to the genus.

Saark

Arachnosquire
I can't see affording in the near future, they are ridiculously priced

I really like all your new t's, in fact....y'all got some good taste:) Enjoy.
Yes, they are really expensive and it's why I was so surprised when she suggested it :) And thanks, I will definitely enjoy them!

---------- Post added 08-25-2014 at 04:47 PM ----------

...Also you better treat your wife good, ultramarinus is in the top tier of expensive spiders...
I do my best to be as good as I can to her :) It's not just any wife that will be okay with you filling up a room with tarantulas!

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I have kept H. villosella - lovely T! Fully grown already at ~2.5-2.75" and for an OW baboon species very placid. Their webbign is extensive and they are not necessarily going to dig. My female never did. Enjoy those new T's.!

Saark

Arachnosquire
Pics of the kids

Here's a first look at the wee babbies

Hapolopus sp. Colombian Pumpkin Patch the "large" one which is freakin tiny! 3/8in leg span. Cute little bugger
20140826_PPatch.jpg

H. villosella about 1/2in leg span and what a little busy body! 5 minutes in and already burrowing and webbing the whole place up. I think this one is going to be fun :)
20140826_Hvillosella.jpg

P. nigricolor Yay! about 1in, maybe a bit more
20140826_Pnigricolor.jpg

P. ultramarinus Mega yay! about 2in
20140826_Pultramurinus.jpg

CLICKBANGBANG

Arachnopeon
Everyone made it ok! Good day then. I always worry when I'm getting live shipments. I've set up picking up a pumpkin patch sling tomorrow from a local guy. And my LP is arriving tomorrow as well. I hope my delivery goes as well as yours has! :)

awiec

Arachnoprince
I find it interesting that one of your pamphos have lost its baby colors already, unless it does not have the classic colors like the genus usually has. My pampho is a little under 3 inches and still has the baby colors

cold blood

Staff member
I find it interesting that one of your pamphos have lost its baby colors already, unless it does not have the classic colors like the genus usually has. My pampho is a little under 3 inches and still has the baby colors
I noticed the same. Mine will be at or over 2" with its next molt, likely very soon, and still has the sling clothes on. I wonder if that will change or not with the next molt?

awiec

Arachnoprince
I noticed the same. Mine will be at or over 2" with its next molt, likely very soon, and still has the sling clothes on. I wonder if that will change or not with the next molt?
I thought mine would be gone by now but it still has them. I'd say its about 2.75 and grows a ton with each molt so maybe its not ready yet

Saark

Arachnosquire
Well, I don't know... I'm new to the genus but the pics of P. ultramarinus slings that I've looked at look like mine does. Could you post a pic of yours?

---------- Post added 08-27-2014 at 08:28 AM ----------

Everyone made it ok! Good day then. I always worry when I'm getting live shipments. I've set up picking up a pumpkin patch sling tomorrow from a local guy. And my LP is arriving tomorrow as well. I hope my delivery goes as well as yours has! :)
Good luck with yours!

awiec

Arachnoprince
Well, I don't know... I'm new to the genus but the pics of P. ultramarinus slings that I've looked at look like mine does. Could you post a pic of yours?

---------- Post added 08-27-2014 at 08:28 AM ----------

Good luck with yours!
I only have platyomma but I wasn't doubting you that you had ultramarinus, just found it funny that my pamph is bigger than yours and still has baby colors