New T suggestions.

johnny quango

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I guess the emilia is one of my favourites because of their reputation for being so docile, and how long they can live (35-40 years). She is also about the only T I have that seems to enjoy being handled. She'd stay cuddled up to my thumb for hours if I let her. :)
I know exactly what you mean ghost there's something about the B Emilia thats feels different to all the other ts I own but I can't quite put my finger on it. My girl is only a juve around the 2-2.5" mark but she too would sit all day on my hand if I let her, I recently took delivery of a B verdezi and so far this 1" sling as started behaving in a similar way as my Emilia. But here's the kicker I have a stunning 6" female pulchra that will sit for hours on top of my hand if I'd let her too (although I don't encourage this as I'd hate for her to get harmed in anyway) there is photographic evidence of her behaving this way

johnny quango

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
IMG_20140918_161748.jpg
Yeah I'd like a P. met too.... It's my only other wish list T. But that's a maybe someday thing. These 2 are my like final 2 that I really can think of that I want badly. A few others pique my curiosity but I've got others to hold their place.

I'm ok with the cheaper Ts. I opted for P. regalis slings instead of 1 P. met sling. We'll see if raising them turns out ok first. Even though people claim the metallica is the calmest of pokies. And my albos. that counts towards having a Brachypelma. My porteri, well I have a Grammastola, My A. avic gives me an Avic. My L.p.s give me a large T that eats a lot and displays itself. The Euthlus p. (P.p.) is for a pretty little T that's curious and docile to show people Ts aren't that scary.

Etc....

I've got a few that are nice and colorful / pretty too for that purpose.

I have too many more important things now I need to spend money on. Tarantulas needs to halt now and just be a learning experience. Time to be as responsible as possible from this point on. Because I've taken leaps that people would probably (definitely) advise against.

Anyways.

-Euathlus sp. red
-Avicularia versicolor
-Grammostola pulchra
-Psalmopoeus cambridgei

These are probably the most mentioned Ts on your list that I see. Probably best bang for your buck too I guess.

And here's my new obsession. Euthlus parvulus (Paraphysa parvula)
Hey gobey I've had that same obsession for a while now here's my recently moulted sub adult parvula

gobey

Arachnoknight
View attachment 130139

Hey gobey I've had that same obsession for a while now here's my recently moulted sub adult parvula
They're so pretty! I only just discovered these Ts! I'm sending my newly bought MM to go make me slings! Because I'll be sad when my new favorite T dies. He's very... "curious" lol. I want to call him friendly but it's a tarantula and I know better. But very docile and always wants to see what you're up to. Although I've heard they can be defensive too.

Worth it for the colors though. Way better pet rock than my porteri imo. (Sorry porteri, you're grey and mean lol)

johnny quango

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
They're so pretty! I only just discovered these Ts! I'm sending my newly bought MM to go make me slings! Because I'll be sad when my new favorite T dies. He's very... "curious" lol. I want to call him friendly but it's a tarantula and I know better. But very docile and always wants to see what you're up to. Although I've heard they can be defensive too.

Worth it for the colors though. Way better pet rock than my porteri imo. (Sorry porteri, you're grey and mean lol)
I've got quite a few different dwarf species (nw) and I find all of them to be curious or down right nosey lol... To be honest the parvula is the only wc I have in my collection and whether or not it makes any difference this is the only skittish dwarf I have. Good luck with the breeding and fingers crossed you get lots of really really tiny slings

gobey

Arachnoknight
I've got quite a few different dwarf species (nw) and I find all of them to be curious or down right nosey lol... To be honest the parvula is the only wc I have in my collection and whether or not it makes any difference this is the only skittish dwarf I have. Good luck with the breeding and fingers crossed you get lots of really really tiny slings
I had only had mine for 2 days before shipping it out. Probably WC. Got from LPS as a MM. Anyways he wasn't really too skittish. Not like super brave either lol. But he'd certainly have no problem using your hand as his way to leave his house for a quick adventure. :3

He kicked a TON of hair getting out into a shipping container though. But that was my inexperience with encouraging Ts into shipping containers at play too. I have a much better method now.

Anyways I'll be happy even if it's a few slings just to have some of these guys to keep. :) Although selling is nice too.

My only concern is the size. I thought 1/4" B. albos were tough to keep track of. Geez.

johnny quango

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I had only had mine for 2 days before shipping it out. Probably WC. Got from LPS as a MM. Anyways he wasn't really too skittish. Not like super brave either lol. But he'd certainly have no problem using your hand as his way to leave his house for a quick adventure. :3

He kicked a TON of hair getting out into a shipping container though. But that was my inexperience with encouraging Ts into shipping containers at play too. I have a much better method now.

Anyways I'll be happy even if it's a few slings just to have some of these guys to keep. :) Although selling is nice too.

My only concern is the size. I thought 1/4" B. albos were tough to keep track of. Geez.
The size sometimes does feel like an issue as they are truely tiny as most dwarf species are but after a few weeks its just service as usual, although there will be days when you think its vanished I've had this said problem less than 1hr ago with my crypsidromus sp Panama sling which is around the 5mm mark it's by far and away the smallest t I have or have had. I would hate to see a paraphysa sp north sling as they max out around 2-2.5" when mature

Ghost Dragon

Arachnopeon
I know exactly what you mean ghost there's something about the B Emilia thats feels different to all the other ts I own but I can't quite put my finger on it. My girl is only a juve around the 2-2.5" mark but she too would sit all day on my hand if I let her, I recently took delivery of a B verdezi and so far this 1" sling as started behaving in a similar way as my Emilia. But here's the kicker I have a stunning 6" female pulchra that will sit for hours on top of my hand if I'd let her too (although I don't encourage this as I'd hate for her to get harmed in anyway) there is photographic evidence of her behaving this way
Wow, a SIX inch pulchra..... She must be absolutely stunning, johnny. Can't wait for mine to get that big. :)

I just acquired another T on Friday, a 3" smithi for $100 (which I thought was a steal, considering they are going for $100 for 3/4 inch PLUS shipping online)....and I'm expecting a 1/4" Euathlus sp. red sometime today. :)

Tried to upload a non-handling pic of Maggie, my Emilia, bloody computer won't let me......:mad:

johnny quango

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Wow, a SIX inch pulchra..... She must be absolutely stunning, johnny. Can't wait for mine to get that big. :)

I just acquired another T on Friday, a 3" smithi for $100 (which I thought was a steal, considering they are going for $100 for 3/4 inch PLUS shipping online)....and I'm expecting a 1/4" Euathlus sp. red sometime today. :)

Tried to upload a non-handling pic of Maggie, my Emilia, bloody computer won't let me......:mad:
She is absolutely stunning ghost I've had her about 18 month's and she's never been even an hint of trouble and i just fell in love with her instantly. I also have a female Euathlus sp red at around the 2-2.5" mark and I was really pleasantly surprised by this little t they are fantastic almost perfect and some would describe as friendly. I'd say more curious and a little nomadic but definitely fun. She is the 1st on my list when the local schools have days for the kids to meet pets of all kinds. You certainly won't be disappointed with the little gem of a t

Attachments

Ghost Dragon

Arachnopeon
She is absolutely stunning ghost I've had her about 18 month's and she's never been even an hint of trouble and i just fell in love with her instantly. I also have a female Euathlus sp red at around the 2-2.5" mark and I was really pleasantly surprised by this little t they are fantastic almost perfect and some would describe as friendly. I'd say more curious and a little nomadic but definitely fun. She is the 1st on my list when the local schools have days for the kids to meet pets of all kinds. You certainly won't be disappointed with the little gem of a t
Whoa, nice pulchra, dude. :)

Love the almost velvety blackness of them. She was T #3, after reading Stan Schutlz recommend them in the 2nd Ed. of the TKG. She was a little pricey ($95 for just over 1 inch), but worth every penny. No collection is complete without one, IMHO.

johnny quango

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Whoa, nice pulchra, dude. :)

Love the almost velvety blackness of them. She was T #3, after reading Stan Schutlz recommend them in the 2nd Ed. of the TKG. She was a little pricey ($95 for just over 1 inch), but worth every penny. No collection is complete without one, IMHO.
Thanks ghost ill let her know she as another admirer lol

Sit down when you read this as i wouldn't want you to fall down but I've heard a few people on here say that the pulchra is expensive in north america which kind of took me by surprise as they really aren't that expensive in the uk and europe i paid around $100 usd for a 3-3.5" female and they seem to be getting cheaper pretty quickly a month or so ago i was looking for new ts when i came across the same dealer i use who was selling sub adults for around $85 usd. I don't know if its just me thats noticed this but most grammys and brachys are so cheap as slings its a little unreal, i mean a short time ago i ordered a smithi sling which if i add the price to my other 3 brachy slings the total cost would be £38 so that would be $55-60 usd + shipping.

I do whole heartedly agree if you can find a pulchra and you have the funds available to add 1 to your collection it is a MUST like you say your collection will never quite feel complete imo also. As for how i came to own this beautiful t it wasn't the usual route a friend of mine that kept ts at the time told me about a stunning jet black t and as i was thinking about getting back into the hobby after 8 years away he wouldn't leave it alone he kept bringing it up and at this point it was an instant no im not interested in a black t as the 1st time in the hobby i ended up owning a black t (h minax) and regretted it from day 1 its not like it was evil or aggressive its just that it was a lunatic. but anyway i finally gave in and looked at a picture online and it was like i said love a 1st sight i then set myself a total of 3 ts to begin with and they were G pulchra, B smithi and a Gbb i ordered a pulchra and almost instantly the weather changed and i had to wait 3 months for it to be shipped that was a 4" female but the chaos it was delivered to the wrong house and was stolen call me crazy but i went to court over this t. then 2 weeks later i ordered a female the 1 i have now and ive never looked back lol. (just for the record it took me over a year to get my original 3 ts as i changed my mind with the smithi and bought chilli my Bemilia instead)

Ghost Dragon

Arachnopeon
Thanks ghost ill let her know she as another admirer lol

Sit down when you read this as i wouldn't want you to fall down but I've heard a few people on here say that the pulchra is expensive in north america which kind of took me by surprise as they really aren't that expensive in the uk and europe i paid around $100 usd for a 3-3.5" female and they seem to be getting cheaper pretty quickly a month or so ago i was looking for new ts when i came across the same dealer i use who was selling sub adults for around $85 usd. I don't know if its just me thats noticed this but most grammys and brachys are so cheap as slings its a little unreal, i mean a short time ago i ordered a smithi sling which if i add the price to my other 3 brachy slings the total cost would be £38 so that would be $55-60 usd + shipping.

I do whole heartedly agree if you can find a pulchra and you have the funds available to add 1 to your collection it is a MUST like you say your collection will never quite feel complete imo also. As for how i came to own this beautiful t it wasn't the usual route a friend of mine that kept ts at the time told me about a stunning jet black t and as i was thinking about getting back into the hobby after 8 years away he wouldn't leave it alone he kept bringing it up and at this point it was an instant no im not interested in a black t as the 1st time in the hobby i ended up owning a black t (h minax) and regretted it from day 1 its not like it was evil or aggressive its just that it was a lunatic. but anyway i finally gave in and looked at a picture online and it was like i said love a 1st sight i then set myself a total of 3 ts to begin with and they were G pulchra, B smithi and a Gbb i ordered a pulchra and almost instantly the weather changed and i had to wait 3 months for it to be shipped that was a 4" female but the chaos it was delivered to the wrong house and was stolen call me crazy but i went to court over this t. then 2 weeks later i ordered a female the 1 i have now and ive never looked back lol. (just for the record it took me over a year to get my original 3 ts as i changed my mind with the smithi and bought chilli my Bemilia instead)
HOLY :poop: ! A 3-3.5" pulchra for $100?! That tears it, I'm moving to the UK to take out dual citizenship. LOL. Seriously, though, I don't know why the puclhra is so bloody expensive here across the pond (although I did pick one up for a friend at an expo last weekend, 1.25" for $55).

Ouch! An H. minax as your first black T. You describing it as 'lunatic' must be that quaint English understatement. :laugh:

How many T's do you have, johnny? When my Euathlus sp. red arrives today, it'll make 22 for me (plus one Huntsman).

johnny quango

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
HOLY :poop: ! A 3-3.5" pulchra for $100?! That tears it, I'm moving to the UK to take out dual citizenship. LOL. Seriously, though, I don't know why the puclhra is so bloody expensive here across the pond (although I did pick one up for a friend at an expo last weekend, 1.25" for $55).

Ouch! An H. minax as your first black T. You describing it as 'lunatic' must be that quaint English understatement. :laugh:

How many T's do you have, johnny? When my Euathlus sp. red arrives today, it'll make 22 for me (plus one Huntsman).
At the moment I have 17 t's a native lace Web and a crazy crested gecko called gizmo. I swear the H minax would sit there plotting the different and interesting ways it could worry me lol. To be honest it belonged to another friend of mine who was leaving the hobby as he was breeding snakes more often he had 2 ts he couldn't sell so I jokingly said I'd have them for free the 2 t's in question were H minax and H crassipes they are to this day the only 2 ow ts I've owned although ive been looking recently at the H curvipes dwarf baboon. As for me calling it a lunatic it beats calling it what I wanted which starts with b and ends with d and it aint blackbird lol

Ghost Dragon

Arachnopeon
At the moment I have 17 t's a native lace Web and a crazy crested gecko called gizmo. I swear the H minax would sit there plotting the different and interesting ways it could worry me lol. To be honest it belonged to another friend of mine who was leaving the hobby as he was breeding snakes more often he had 2 ts he couldn't sell so I jokingly said I'd have them for free the 2 t's in question were H minax and H crassipes they are to this day the only 2 ow ts I've owned although ive been looking recently at the H curvipes dwarf baboon. As for me calling it a lunatic it beats calling it what I wanted which starts with b and ends with d and it aint blackbird lol
Wow, one could almost call that a Satanic introduction to OW's. LOL

I have 4 P. regalis & 1 P. subfusca HL, and they're all scaredy-cats. Open their enclosures = instant pet holes. :)

johnny quango

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Wow, one could almost call that a Satanic introduction to OW's. LOL

I have 4 P. regalis & 1 P. subfusca HL, and they're all scaredy-cats. Open their enclosures = instant pet holes. :)
I've found myself looking at pokies alot more lately and some of the other ow ts but I get distracted by another nw that ive never owned and I end up researching and in the end buying another nw. A case in point being a month or so ago I came across a Pamphobeteus sp mascara and missed out on the H curvipes but not to worry ill get 1 eventually. Like I said ive got 17 t's and 17 species some are fairly rare aswell so I know it may come back to bite me if I want to breed. Im really proud of the fact the Pamphobeteus sp mascara is part of the uk's 1st cb sac