New Tarantula Documentary

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I have been debating about whether I wanted to publicize this on here or not...lol

I did indeed "refute" alot of the stuff that's being talked about in this episode (including all "Camel Killer" fare) and I tried my best to lend as much credibility to this project as possible but due to the campy nature of the program I can't guarantee the legitimacy of the episode.. Like Dr. West I haven't seen the final cuts...

Please...be gentle!
:wall:
LOL!!! It will depend on how "silly" and how much "campy nature" is on the show. Do you feel the heat? {D

Sooner

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
You can still find good documentaries out these days. Like the ones that David Attenborough makes.

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
You can still find good documentaries out these days. Like the ones that David Attenborough makes.
True but his are some of the few that arent all hyped up with exaggerated nonsense. About 99% of those reptile docs are so full of nonsense that it makes you wonder how accurate documentaries on other topics actually are. The Animal Planet docs are probably some of the worst I have seen, there are a few exceptions but they are few and far between

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
yeah most docs you do see on insects or spiders have to be something like the worlds most deadliest! or killer bugs!!
Its to bad people can just appreciate things without them being deadly or the most "extreme" hehe

UrbanJungles

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
LOL!!! It will depend on how "silly" and how much "campy nature" is on the show. Do you feel the heat? {D
Um, now I do...thanks Brian!

The producers also spent alot of time filming our T. blondi (which I wrangled before my interview) so I may look a bit welty and itchy. Everyone should play a drinking game and take a shot everytime I scratch during the segment.

:2:

SNAFU

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Don't worry Danny, we won't hold you and Rick completely accountable! ;P
We all know that if 75% of the show is hyped up crap, that you and Rick will be telling the facts. Hopefully, you both get enough screen time to let the viewers know that these fascinating, eight legged creatures are actually not the deadly mankillers of their nightmares and B movies...............that being said, excuse me as I have a goat out in my truck I have to go feed to my 24" T. blondi before she breaks through the electric fence.

Spyder 1.0

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I cant find any networks playing this in canada. Can anyone shed some light on this?

Quickone4u

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I have it set to record also. My girlfriend and I are really looking foward to seeing it. Hopefully it will turn out good.

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I have it set to record also. My girlfriend and I are really looking foward to seeing it. Hopefully it will turn out good.
If it doesnt, remember to blame Danny aka Urbanjungles:D

I bet Danny is really starting to sweat now LOLOL

dantediss

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
the name of the show is monster quest ,giant spiders if its like the other monsterquest shows its gonna be campy but im a fan of rick west so ill def be watching...rick gotta admit your fearless its awesome

equuskat

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I watched it last night.

Was a cool show - fun to watch Rick and others crawling around looking for Ts, but the ONLY scientific name I heard all night was "Brachypelma vagans". The "Cave tarantula" scientifc name MAY have been mentioned once, but I don't recall hearing it. I know that the C. cyaneopubescens was never referred to anything except "the blue tarantula".

I did like that Rick held everything and said that he'd never been bitten in 30+ years. I also liked the little scene of him showing a B. vagans to a Florida family and educating them about Ts.

Last edited:

wsimms

Arachnodaddy
Old Timer
I watched it last night.

Was a cool show - fun to watch Rick and others crawling around looking for Ts, but the ONLY scientific name I heard all night was "Brachypelma vagans". The "Cave tarantula" scientifc name MAY have been mentioned once, but I don't recall hearing it. I know that the C. cyaneopubescens was never referred to anything except "the blue tarantula".

I did like that Rick held everything and said that he'd never been bitten in 30+ years. I also liked the little scene of him showing a B. vagans to a Florida family and educating them about Ts.
That was a different show entitled "Spider Mania" on Animal Planet. It was made in 2002.
The new one is on History Channel tonight.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
That was a different show entitled "Spider Mania" on Animal Planet. It was made in 2002.
The new one is on History Channel tonight.
I was about to say..........how could you watch it when it shows tonight for the 1st time? :?

I have my tv set to record as well! It does not come on till 9pm so I might be studying the backs of my eyelids by then but I'll get to it.

wsimms

Arachnodaddy
Old Timer
I was about to say..........how could you watch it when it shows tonight for the 1st time? :?

I have my tv set to record as well! It does not come on till 9pm so I might be studying the backs of my eyelids by then but I'll get to it.
Katy and I must be the night owls of Arachnoboards, since Spider Mania came on this morning at 3 AM. It was a better documentary about Rick than it was about T's...typical dumbed down Animal Planet pablum. I'm sure this wasn't Rick's fault.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Ya I have seen that show too. I liked it myself. Maybe it is just me but Hollywood hype or not I just like watching things about Ts.