OBT teasing me

Enn49

Arachnosquire
She's been with me since the beginning of March but apart from a couple of times when I've been able to see a leg or 2, she's not been seen properly since the beginning of May. Last night she did it again - just the tiniest show of bright orange in her doorway. I would so love too see her completely, I don't even know if she's moulted.

How can she tease me like this lol?

I guess she's cleaning her home judging by the rubbish she's chucked out.

Enn49

Arachnosquire
I guess she has moulted at some time as I found this amongst the rubbish she's chucked out, which just makes me want to see her more.

gobey

Arachnoknight
Funny from what I've heard people say these guys are 50-50% in being visible or pet holes/web.

I've seen both. Although the one that shows itself may still be settling in.

Enn49

Arachnosquire
That would make sense as she was out and about quite a bit when she first came but once she'd built her cave of web and substrate she's happy to stay in there. I know she comes out at night sometimes because I'll find her door open, cave door that is, and substrate in her water bowl and crickets don't last long in there either.

NewAgePrimal

Arachnosquire
I guess I got lucky. Mine is almost always visible, even in the day time. I got my little "Spawnzie" back in June at 2". Molted for me once already. The molt is still down in it's cave and I'm not brave enough to try and retrieve it.

gobey

Arachnoknight
Yeah that's what you get with most OW species from what I understand. Very nocturnal and light sensitive. Less likely to be on display. The odd exceptions of course.

I have little pokies that don't hide So much, until they see you. One more than the other. They hate light though.

Arachnomaniac19

Arachnolord
Last molt for mine (he was around 1") she was a pet hole, hiding in the tunnels she made. Now after her molt (1 1/2" now) she destroyed all of her tunnels and is always out in the open. It's like a new specimen with each molt!

Last edited:

Enn49

Arachnosquire
I guess I got lucky. Mine is almost always visible, even in the day time. I got my little "Spawnzie" back in June at 2". Molted for me once already. The molt is still down in it's cave and I'm not brave enough to try and retrieve it.
Mine was around 2" too when she came. Wonder how big she is now lol.

Last molt for mine (he was around 1") she was a pet hole, hiding in the tunnels she made. Now after her molt (1 1/2" now) she destroyed all of her tunnels and is always out in the open. It's like a new specimen with each molt!
That's what I was hoping with mine but she's obviously moulted and decided to stay in hiding.

Enn49

Arachnosquire
She's doing it again. This is the first I've seen of her for a month, since I started this thread.

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
You don't want to get them riled up. When they're out of their retreat, things can happen.

Enn49

Arachnosquire
You don't want to get them riled up. When they're out of their retreat, things can happen.

I know that is one advantage but the last time I saw the whole of her was almost 6 months ago and even then she was in her web. I'd love to see how big she is since she moulted and get some nice pics. :mad:

Enn49

Arachnosquire
That doesn't necessarily come without risk. They tend not to look forward to visitors dropping by.
The worst is that although this is her main entrance, she also has a tube of web going up the back corner of the viv from her hideout which has 2 other openings so when I'm doing maintenance I have to watch all 3. I always use 12 inch tongs to remove rubbish and open the viv as small a distance as possible just in case.

ArachnoFreak666

Arachnopeon
my gbb is starting to get this way:/ she has started building tunnels all along the perimeter of her cage. there is only a few spots on the side that i can actually look into and possibly see her if she just so happens to be there at the time. she is a really good eater though and very friendly when i do get the chance to take her out, so i cant really complain!:)