Old picture ID

Fred

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Tom,

The specimen I have looks exactly like yours. She is definitely a large spider around 7" I got her 2003 or 2004(can't remember) at the lps. She was labelled "blue birdeater" haha. For years I've been trying to get the right ID on her. It seems impossible. I will post some pictures in this thread when I get home from work.

Thanks, Fred

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
Thanks for chiming in Fred, I look forward to your pics. Its interesting that it was labeled "Blue birdeater" Mine was labeled stripe knee, and I'll never forget the guy at the pet store telling my the stripes on the knees was venom flowing through its legs lol.
Later, Tom

Shrike

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thanks for chiming in Fred, I look forward to your pics. Its interesting that it was labeled "Blue birdeater" Mine was labeled stripe knee, and I'll never forget the guy at the pet store telling my the stripes on the knees was venom flowing through its legs lol.
Later, Tom
Wait a minute...What are you trying to say? Next you'll be trying to tell me that my GBB doesn't have any chlorophyll in its cephalothorax.

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
are you guys sure those couldnt be a hybrid...like G. pulchra/G. pulchripes mix

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
forgot it came from a pet store...never know though...might have beensome quack tarantula breeder, and sold some to the pet stores or something...highly unlikely, but anythings possible...
Coming from a pet store and knowing that most of their stock is WC, I doubt it would be a hybrid...

Tarantel

Arachnobaron
You guys have got it all wrong. That isn't even a tarantula. It's obviously a mature male specimen of Scolopendra gigantea.

glemo059

Arachnopeon
I just obtained the same tarantula from someone getting rid of it yesterday for a steal (20$). It is around 5 to 6 inches and female according to my brother who picked it up. I shall be posting pictures shortly. I was able to find a very similar picture of that tarantula in the "Mygale: Élevage et Découverte" (Verdez and Cléton) book. They identified it as a Lasiodorides sp. Yes it was still unidentified when published in the early 2000's. I shall be posting pictures shortly.
Greg

glemo059

Arachnopeon
Here is a picture. She was not in good condition when I received her..... lots of dead crickets..... and a horrible smell that accompanied the terrarium. She is quite clumsy as well. I am quite unsure of the care conditions. I changed her terrarium...

DSC_0567.jpg

glemo059

Arachnopeon
Has anyone been able to identify this tarantula? Is it a l. striatus in the end?

Balvala

Arachnosquire
Well, as far as availability goes (which heightens the probability what you own to be as such,) and knowing this isn't an Aphonopelma Seemanni, I would have to say Lasiodorides Striatus makes the most sense overall once viewing the other three or so in comparison.

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
Euathlus doesn't seem to make any seance. I've settled with the idea that it is a unknown, or unsubscribed species.

Later, Tom