G. Carnell

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
got some more of these

I2-5 or so..

email me at g.carnell @ gmail.com

MartinW

Arachnopeon
Thought I would add my penny worth. Here's an Israeli species similar to the last one shown from Spain. Identified as Eresus albopictus. Have a sub-adult and several slings growing on which should mature in about 6 months or less. So hopefully.....

JonathanF

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hey all, I had a couple of E. albopictus,
The male is bright yellow with black markings...
When I find one I'll post a pic ;)

Arachnophilist

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
anyone know where I can get one of these? or a couple? I live in Canada.PM me or post here if you know.. thanks!

RodG

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Amazing Spider!!!

How can we get some of these amazing spiders in the hobby over here?
Does anyone know how to get in touch with Frank Somma??? I hear he can import stuff but how do you get ahold of him to work on an import shipment??? Fantastic pictures, please keep them coming.:worship:

Tony

Arachno-pragmatarian
Old Timer
How can we get some of these amazing spiders in the hobby over here?
Does anyone know how to get in touch with Frank Somma??? I hear he can import stuff but how do you get ahold of him to work on an import shipment??? Fantastic pictures, please keep them coming.:worship:
Can?
He Does. in a usually big way (Ever hear P metallica? ;) )
Havent talked in a while, though I bet he's still importing. Maybe he will hear of the demand...
Tony

RodG

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Tony,

I do know of Mr. Somma's reputation in the hobby and a great one it is indeed. But getting ahold of him to try and set up an importation, now that's the real trick.:) Maybe someone on the boards can help.

Arachnophilist

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
DE-MON SPI-DER * DE-MON SPI-DER * DE-MON SPI-DER. heh heh well hopefully someone see's this and can get in touch with him!

John Apple

Just a guy
Old Timer
Frank is in Florida or probably on his way back as this is typed...I talked with him yesterday.

Emanuele

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hi! These are two guys from Italy.
The female's from Tuscany, while the male's from Liguria.
I've a friend in Prague who's working on the genetics of the Genus and he's doing a great work trying to understand something more about these spiders.
For example, the ligurian one could be not E. niger.
The one from Spain I saw in this post looks like E. sandaliatus, even if it's always difficult to determinate this spiders.
Cheers
Ema

Attachments

LeilaNami

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Hey! I was walking on campus (in the Dallas area) and I stumbled upon a little orange guy in the middle of the sidewalk early this morning. It had a very similar body structure except its legs were long (at least 1 1/2 times the body length). Unfortunately the little guy was very sluggish so I moved it off the path so no one would squish it.