Orchidarium- Split Design Build

Kada

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
Have been forgetting to put updates on here, but the two big vivs are doing very well, Including all the crabs and all the plants including my the orchids!!

General update: the two paludariums are no longer side by side, we redesigned the room they were in and for now I’ve moved them to a rack next to my work desk! But honestly I like them just as much there yoo
View attachment 471970

And just this morning as I was doing round to feed the zoo a few of the L. padawan we’re out looking for food to eat!

T
View attachment 471966

And yesterday I caught an absolutely fresh molt from one of the Geosesarma “Ruby Red” that was insanely vivid!! So incredible!!
View attachment 471968

And one of my orchids that was a big design influence, Sedirea japonica ‘Minmaru’ is truly happy in here and putting out a ton of new healthy roots and getting itself established above the pond as was designed for it to do! Nice to see when planning for specific locations for individual orchids works out as intended! View attachment 471969

And putting out new leaves too! Can’t wait till I get a flower! View attachment 471971

I’ll update more later tonight or tomorrow with more!
Got a pic of that orchid zoomed put a bit for scale? It really looks good :)

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
Got a pic of that orchid zoomed put a bit for scale? It really looks good :)
Thanks this orchid is quite a nice orchid!
Let me know if this is zoomed out enough. Either way when I get back home I will take a full viv photo so you can see the size in relation to everything else in there too. (This is when I first was mounting a few months back I believe)

93A90F51-1D85-44B4-957D-994BC8A0C6D8.jpeg

Kada

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
Thanks this orchid is quite a nice orchid!
Let me know if this is zoomed out enough. Either way when I get back home I will take a full viv photo so you can see the size in relation to everything else in there too. (This is when I first was mounting a few months back I believe)

View attachment 471999
That's perfect, gives a good idea of its size :)

Have you grown it before? If so, how would you say it does in that kind of moist/humid style vivarium?

I especially like those massive root!

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
That's perfect, gives a good idea of its size :)

Have you grown it before? If so, how would you say it does in that kind of moist/humid style vivarium?

I especially like those massive root!
Here’s another photo!

and yea I have it does well in a viv but I would say probably not if it had automated misters. Mine doesn’t. This is most of peoples issues with orchids on vivs in my opinion. CF74FE00-5665-404C-BD62-0A3982FDC963.jpeg

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
One of the mini orchids Zygostates alleniana is finally starting to open its blooms!! And it is beyond beautiful!! Zygostates alleniana blooming.jpg

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
Shot from this afternoon when I realized that the Haraella retrocalla/odorata was starting the process of flowering in the viv!! Very excited to see it open!!

Edit for the bigger view:
View attachment 473536
Awesome 🤩 so there’s crabs in there I was thinking this was an empty Viv for plants only. Only plants I have are house plants.