P. irminia help

BobGrill

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I use cork slabs for pretty much all of my arboreals. My set- ups are all pretty basic. The only thing different I do is for Avics, where I include plastic leaves and vines. That seems to encourage them to web faster.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

Dave Marschang

Arachnoknight
a lot of my spiders have cork bark slabs propped up in the corner for them to hide behind and make their web tubes, the ones with the slab will occasionally be in front instead of the back. a handful have cork tubes, and every single one with a cork tube never ever leaves it. which is great! means they love it! but the expensive flashy spiders get a cork slab to hide behind so I can see my $300 anytime I want. would they prefer a tube over a slab? probably. but they don't know that, because they have never seen a tube. they can't miss what they don't know they don't have.lol

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Tehehe...if you offer a corkbark slab to an irminia, what'll happen is they'll incorporate dirt and start a web-dirt curtain simply sealing it off on all sides you could peek in - top (and sometimes bottom) excluded. Psalms are like that :)

BobGrill

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Tehehe...if you offer a corkbark slab to an irminia, what'll happen is they'll incorporate dirt and start a web-dirt curtain simply sealing it off on all sides you could peek in - top (and sometimes bottom) excluded. Psalms are like that :)
That's the idea. [emoji14]

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
That's the idea. [emoji14]

It's basically the same outcome as offering a corkbark tube is what I'm saying. The only difference being the T has to work for a while until satisfied with the "no peeking zone" - the outcome however remains the same in general. Get used to it - Psalms are secretive especially irminia while cambridgei and even pulcher are more often visible. Langenbucheri is as reclusive as irminia and can't say about the reduncus, since I haven't kept one...yet.

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek
Someone finally decided to show herself, not looking like a sling anymore. Aprox 2.5-3 inch
She must be hungry

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
She showed up...essentially that means: "Feeeeeed meeeeeee!" :D

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek
She also needs a bigger cage or before long she'll be over the sides and loose.
I noticed that, got a five gallon on edge that I'm in the process of finishing up. :)
Fed her today, nice display of their speed, not sure the cricket even hit the top of tube and it was history.
She (hopefully) is currently in a cylinder that's @ 4x 8

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek
How to know your Psalmopoeus loves the new digs

Finished the 2.5 gallon tank on end and rehoused Her (hopefully) on 09/03/15
and that's the last I've seen of her.:sarcasm: Only evidence of life other than chirping crickets
is cannon fodder on the glass, bolus in the water dish, and a steady line of dispersing victims....err dinner guests.
A total love/hate relationship......:cry::cry::love:

She is in here.....or at least some cricket eating beast is??
2015-08-11 18.36.04.jpg

BobGrill

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
It's a P.irminia what do you expect [emoji14]

KristinaMG

Arachnosquire
I also use a cork bark tube for my P. irminia, who is also around 2.5 inches. But I cut an oval shaped hole in it and filled it half way up with substrate, kind of like the holes in trees in real life where you find critters or birds making their home. Anyway he/she claimed it as I had hoped and webbed it up. The nice thing is that because of the hole I get to see parts of her pretty regularly- which would have been much harder without that hole since then you'd have to look in from the top of the tube. As it is now she frequently peeks out like in this pic which is fun.

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek
Yeah mine is similar, there is about 3/4-1 inch on the sides between the cork tube and the background top to bottom,
she had the view blocked with webbed dirt curtain in three short days.
Consider yourself lucky if you get any views legs or otherwise.

BobGrill

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I've never seen a P.irminia that wasn't like this.

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek
Its still hard to not see this beautiful tarantula for a month or more,
she dunked her exo in the water dish and was actually seen yesterday if even for a brief minute or two.
Time to feed the beast again.

lalberts9310

Arachnoprince
Its still hard to not see this beautiful tarantula for a month or more,
she dunked her exo in the water dish and was actually seen yesterday if even for a brief minute or two.
Time to feed the beast again.
Yep, that's the only thing about them, sooooo gorgeous but sooooo reclusive at the same time. :). I still enjoy them anyhow. I have the honour now of seeing my girl more often, very hungry after she laid her eggsac (which was infertile). But I guess all will change once she fattens up again, heh.

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Yep, that's the only thing about them, sooooo gorgeous but sooooo reclusive at the same time. :). I still enjoy them anyhow. I have the honour now of seeing my girl more often, very hungry after she laid her eggsac (which was infertile). But I guess all will change once she fattens up again, heh.
Ha! Just another reason why I call Phaedra "Lady" or "Majesty" - these are royally great to have in any collection and look fantastic. Still my favorite tarantula of all time beside P. subfusca "lowland".

MrsHaas

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
My adult female only comes out when I spray. Other than that no sign of her whatsoever. My immature male however is out a lot of the time.

--J.Haas

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek
It's A Girl!!!!!
The recent molt was mangled pretty good, I could barley find the proper section with a magnifying glass. I know its tiny but they are there :)
2015-12-30 13.51.19.jpg