P. METTALICA BREEDING

Jake11172

Arachnopeon
Ive recently got a male p. Met for my female, but my male seems not to be interested on my feemale despite making a spermweb(male no tapping to her) and is not even trying to get close to her. Is there any suggestions on what i should do to pair them both

last molt of male p. Met april 23
Last sperm web: 2days ago

fcat

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
I barely know anything but from the one or two references I've stumbled across, they are very shy, need a lot of space, must be cohabbed at least overnight (your presence and time of day ruins everything). Seriously don't take my word for it, if this goes wrong at least one tarantula dies, so do your own research....you can find it here you just need to do some searching.

jrh3

Araneae
Arachnosupporter +
Ive recently got a male p. Met for my female, but my male seems not to be interested on my feemale despite making a spermweb(male no tapping to her) and is not even trying to get close to her. Is there any suggestions on what i should do to pair them both

last molt of male p. Met april 23
Last sperm web: 2days ago
When was the females last molt?

Tarantuland

Arachnoprince
That’s still a pretty young male. Agreed with @jrh3, recent molt of female may be relevant. Pokies are notorious for being uninterested for long periods before pairing very quickly. Lots of people including me Cohab breeding pairs, I’ve had p Metallica pair together for 3+ months