P. Regalis or P. Murinus

the nature boy

Arachnoking
Old Timer
"NO tarantula species has been documented with causing death in a human, NONE. Most New World tarantulas have very mild venom anyway, that has little effects on humans. The fangs themselves are large and DO hurt and leave some impressive holes, though. Old World tarantulas have stronger venom and are much more willing to bite, since they lack the protective urticating hairs of the New World tarantulas, so a bite from one of these species is much more unpleasant, but not life-threatening. Allergic reactions to tarantula bites are virtually impossible, due to the venom containing very complex proteins called "peptides", that do not trigger allergic reactions like simpler proteins."

:worship: :clap:
Thanks! I'm really proud of having used the search function and finding that!

vbrooke

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Which is more toxic? I own both just got some P. Murinus in and I am about to rehouse them. They are 1/2 inchers I hope to breed these when they get big enough.

John
I won't get into the venom conversation...simply because I handle all of my Ts (yes even my P murinus & H mac).

As far as rehousing them...at that size you don't really need to worry so much about biting, but teleporting away from you. I just receiver 5 1/2 sling OBT's and they were quite entertaining to rehouse. Good news though, All 5 are happy and molting away now.;)