P. subfusca eggsac

ornamentalist

Arachnoknight
my female has been mothering away since 10th april too, how many days did you pull it at? congrats :)

Protectyaaaneck

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Aww they look so adorable! :)
Don't they? :p

Congratz man, nice to se some good looking eggs with legs;)
Thanks, Thomas. :)

Sweet man!...looks like you'll have some 1i's any day now!
Today, actually! :D

Are you making a breeding report to include temps, humidity, etc? Congratulations!!! They look great :)
Yep, I'll try and post what I remember. :)

Congrats, how many did you get?
Definitely my favourite, whilst my metallica grow up :)

I had a sac earlier in the year but it had problems. 50 eggs but I managed to salvage 20 slings, doing rather nicely now.

Mine were lowland and Im hoping to breed again over the weekend.
I think the number is between 50-60 but I'm not sure. I haven't taken an exact count. Good luck with your breeding. :)

my female has been mothering away since 10th april too, how many days did you pull it at? congrats :)
Cool, I pulled mine after 22 days. :)

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
More importantly, did she lay it in less then 40 days?

-Sean
ROFL!

If so, that sac isn't gonna be any good...you should just send those slings to me so I can *cough*cast them in resin*cough*. :rolleyes:

I'll have P. subfusca slings for sale soon, PM me with offers. This is in no way, shape, or form, related to this thread at all, ever. *wink wink*

Protectyaaaneck

Arachnoking
Old Timer
How big is your female?
I think she's somewhere around 5.5-6".

More importantly, did she lay it in less then 40 days?

-Sean
I don't remember exact dates but I'm pretty sure the last pairing happened in August or September.

ROFL!

If so, that sac isn't gonna be any good...you should just send those slings to me so I can *cough*cast them in resin*cough*. :rolleyes:

I'll have P. subfusca slings for sale soon, PM me with offers. This is in no way, shape, or form, related to this thread at all, ever. *wink wink*

Rigggghhhhttt.... :p

More 1st instars:

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Alright, thanks. One more molt to go with my girl.

Protectyaaaneck

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Alright, thanks. One more molt to go with my girl.
Sweet! :D

Almost all of them from this incubator have made it to 1st instar. The other incubator is lagging a little behind with only about 1/2 of them making it to 1st instar so far.

ZergFront

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Nice! Interesting that Pokies have that extra stage. The EWLs really do look like someone just superglued a mite to a ball. {D

Protectyaaaneck

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Nice! Interesting that Pokies have that extra stage. The EWLs really do look like someone just superglued a mite to a ball. {D
Thanks, but subfusca doesn't have that extra stage you're referring to. That's specific to only a few pokies, not the genus as a whole.

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Yeah, I'm in the same boat. It doesn't make sense that there's the extra instar, even if it was specific to the entire genus. Since it's not, it makes even less sense.

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
good job bro... definitely a fan of pokies. until i saw the pics of the "mom" i never admired the beauty of the subfusca. i own a regalis and now as of today an ornata.. i def am willin to buy if ur ever sellin slings... i want one .. two.. a whole communal set up of any and all of em lol

Protectyaaaneck

Arachnoking
Old Timer
*** hint hint
I probably won't be selling any of the slings but there are plenty of other people who have slings available in the classifieds. As of right now I'm only parting with a few to a few friends and what not. Most of what I get from this sac is going to be reared up communally. I might sell a few juvies or sub-adults down the road but that's about it. Thanks for the interest though. :)

Anastasia

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I probably won't be selling any of the slings but there are plenty of other people who have slings available in the classifieds. As of right now I'm only parting with a few to a few friends and what not. Most of what I get from this sac is going to be reared up communally. I might sell a few juvies or sub-adults down the road but that's about it. Thanks for the interest though. :)
Jason,
I have 8 communal tanks 20+ in each, I found P.subfusca are one of the best communal poecs that is, its a pleasure to see them interacting with each other, and they pile up on each other like kittens and hunt in packs like wolves

Congratulations on success,
I have lowland with first instar hatchlings now