P subfusca "Lowland"!

Dr Acula

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
My 3" P subfusca arrived in the mail today! I have to say, this is my first time ever seeing one of these in person and he's truly..breath taking. There's no way I'll be able to have just one of these because of how awesome this little guy is {D He's much more timid than my P striata and the prettiest T overall, I've ever laid eyes on. I even set his container up with a custom waterdish I made out of a medicine jar cap (got the idea from robc). Most work I've ever put into an enclosure but he's definitely worth it!

Pics!

This is the enclosure

Dr Acula

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I love these things, they're the vacuum sealed type with a pinch release lid. I got a 5 size set for $12 I believe, the largest is housing my P cambridgei at the moment but no where as fancy looking as the one in the pictures (used the 2nd largest container).

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Totally love the looks of the subfusca "lowland" - together with the metallica (I love blue spiders, sry) in my opinion certainly one of the best looking Poecis.

crawltech

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Awsome lil guy!..or gal...subfuscas in general are my fave poeci!

...that abdomen looks h-land style to me.

not tryin to start "one of those threads" btw :)

EDIT...man, such a confusing sp., these are....that on looks like both to me, lowland front w/highland rear :banghead:

Last edited:

Dr Acula

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Awsome lil guy!..or gal...subfuscas in general are my fave poeci!

...that abdomen looks h-land style to me.

not tryin to start "one of those threads" btw :)

EDIT...man, such a confusing sp., these are....that on looks like both to me, lowland front w/highland rear :banghead:
I think it's a he because i can see the start of a dark patch between the first set of booklungs. Honestly, I don't mind either one because of how awesome both sexes look {D favorite T of all time!

If he turned out to be Highland, I wouldn't mind that either :D both subfuscas are so gorgeous, I'd prefer one female of each over 5 P metallicas. ...i could sell the P metallicas to get more subfuscas though haha. He's still pretty small so I'll be waiting for those patterns changes!

crawltech

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
indeed time will tell!...i also find this to be the fastest growing poeci sp. IMO

keep us posted for sure!

crawltech

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hey doc, I jus added a new subfusca vid to my youtube channel....check it out!

[YOUTUBE]IiPy1-FWpgo[/YOUTUBE]

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
ive GOT to get one (or 2) of these.. gotta be one of my top fav pokies (changes back and forth daily:sarcasm:)