Pet spider kills its owner

kahoy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
just found a link directed here :D

let me curse too, or maybe three!!!

From ALLAN HALL
in Berlin

"who the heck is he? oh well im still interested to invite him to my spiders and scopions dungeon {D "

A MAN who lived in his own “zoo” of lizards and insects was fatally bitten by a pet black widow spider — then eaten by the other creepy-crawlies.
Police broke in to Mark Voegel’s apartment to find spider Bettina along with 200 others, several snakes, a gecko lizard called Helmut and several thousand termites had gorged on his body.
"i wonder why the gecko and that spider didnt eat the termites?"
"those snakes should have already escaped"
"lol! a gecko? and it has a name, how did thry knew that? did the gecko spoke to them? {D "

Neighbours alerted police after becoming alarmed by the stink.

And horrified officers were met by a nightmare scene.

A police spokesman said: “It was like a horror movie. His corpse was over the sofa.

“Giant webs draped him, spiders were all over him. They were coming out of his nose and his mouth.

"too much watching stupid movies can affect your senses, go to the real world dork"

“There was everything there one could imagine in the world of reptiles.

"i bet your the only one imagining that"

“Larger pieces of flesh torn off by the lizards were scooped up and taken back to the webs of tarantulas and other bird-eating spiders.”

"so far its the gecko that the only reptile that ive read on your paper"
"so its the gecko that used the spoon? ohh... did it already learned to use fork?"
"lol! most bird eating dont build nest, they just jump towards the bird..."

Loner Voegel, 30, never invited people back to his “jungle” home, a small apartment in the German city of Dortmund.

Police described it as a cross between a botanical garden and the butterfly breeding ground in the serial killer movie The Silence Of The Lambs.
"you and the police do watch movies together huh!?"

One tarantula had built a nest the size of a swallow’s in a corner of the ceiling.
":D was it another bird eating one?"

Voegel also had a boa constrictor and several poisonous frogs from South America.

Spider expert and animal cruelty officer Gabi Bayer said he kept creatures “that should never be allowed in a private home”.
"we love the label!"

She said: “He had spiders so aggressive they are the equivalent of a pit-bull in the animal world.”
"i have some widows here, so far they dont eat dogfoods {D "

The reptiles were allowed to roam free in the flat.
"because they are more friendly and docile than you"

The heating elements on two tanks containing spiders and their termite snacks had exploded and dislodged the metal tops allowing them to escape.
"lol! spiders as communual? im sure this one is a crap"

Voegel is thought to have been dead for between seven and 14 days.

A post-mortem will be carried out in the next few days. But authorities believe Bettina alone was responsible for Voegel’s death.
"lol... its your paper that killed him"

8+)

Arachnolord
Old Timer
1000 Ways To Die

I believe this ridiculous story is on Spike TV's "1000 Ways To Die" part 1. :rolleyes:

At least there are some nice animals in it. :drool:

tarandrew

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
“Larger pieces of flesh torn off by the lizards were scooped up and taken back to the webs of tarantulas and other bird-eating spiders.”

One can only dream of this type of communal environment.:rolleyes:

betuana

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Tabloid! LOL

This is funny because its so fake....someone watching too many B horror films....

Spiders crawling in and out, webbed the whole body, lizards tearing chunks off for the spiders......heh, no....

Current headlines support the tabloid idea even more, I saw things like "Wolf boy wants to find a cure" "A bird? A plane? Its fushionman" and "I saw aliens in Golders Green" as some of their "NEWS" headlines...... {D

We have 2 red tail boas. When my boyfriend first got them (over a decade ago), he had no other pets - the snakes had free range of the house. Made for funny situations when he'd have friends over, they'd watch tv, and suddenly the entertainment cabinet would lift up, move over a bit, and settle back down. (One of the snakes liked to hang out under it). :D

Interestingly, despite being large reptiles (technically they are classified as "dangerous reptiles" due to their size :rolleyes: ) they never once tried to go after him, or caused any problems. Still haven't. The only time one has EVER bitten anyone was when that person spooked them by touching them without the snake seeing them coming, right after handling their food. Even then, the snake let go almost immediately, and the injury was very minor and shallow....so dangerous...

Yeah, widows can be deadly - especially if someone is allergic or sensitive, but other than that, the rest of this story seems like typical tabloid sensationalistic fiction. Funny read, though sad that there are probably people who took it as fact! :wall:

anaconda19

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
bullshit

its bullshit, even if it was true, which it isnt, when one black widow escapes the hundreds of other animals he has wont all escape so no he wouldnt have been eaten and webbed up etc... if they had all 'escaped' at the same time, it would suggest a very weird suicide? :)

von_z

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I can't believe there is even a thread about this article.

Cerbera

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
"Tarantulas don't make nests, let alone in the ceiling!"

"Avicularia do."

Ah...I stand corrected. So there is at least one species of spider that makes a nest. Though would an Avicularia make a nest in the corner of a ceiling?
Yes. Absolutely. Thats where mine goes if she ever escapes. If I lived alone, I'd let her continue to make a web up there, but feeding would be tricky, and the landlord might not be so keen. And that's quite without the danger of her falling...

Brianhogs

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
"tarantulas and other bird-eating spiders.”

Most tarantulas don't even feed on birds.

And the last time I checked, snakes swallow there food whole?

sydward

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i seen sonething on TV the other day about something like that..theman was bit by his widow and after he was all dazed and half dead he let his critters go to make sure they would survive...if its true or not i dont know..but like i said it was on tv, i dont know what show though.