IMG_1245.JPG

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
Phormictopus cancerides violet - 4.5" female
IMG_1246.JPG IMG_1249.JPG IMG_1248.JPG

Phormictopus sp. dominican purple - 4" female
IMG_1257.JPG
IMG_1258.JPG

Phormictopus sp. dominican purple - 3.5" female (crap foto)
IMG_1265.JPG

Misty Day

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yup same problem here. Any recent pics
Maaybe Phormic sp. green 'gold carapace'? They are more of a blue until adults. And the carapace always more of a rose gold i think. Or you may have a young sp. blue?

@Misty Day Dont suppose you bought that Phormic sp. green from TB???
Apologies for the extremely late reply, been quite busy lately. :p

Anyway, both of my "P.sp.greens" ending up dying a few months ago, no idea why, both we're being kept perfectly and were both eating the day before they died, still upset over it, they were quite the little characters. :(

So no recent pics, but heres a picture of the male a few weeks before he passed, he ended up turning a pale redish, pinkish colour, similar to a P.cautus? I'm not sure, haven't seen another Phormic like him. Gorgeous spider, was sad to see them go.

Also I didn't get them from TB, I got them from TSS.

Screenshot_20170627-171729.jpg Screenshot_20170627-171719_1.jpg

Last edited:

KezyGLA

Arachnoking

Anyway, both of my "P.sp.greens" ending up dying a few months ago, no idea why, both we're being kept perfectly and were both eating the day before they died, still upset over it, they were quite the little characters. :(

So no recent pics, but heres a picture of the male a few weeks before he passed, he ended up turning a pale redish, pinkish colour, similar to a P.cautus? I'm not sure, haven't seen another Phormic like him. Gorgeous spider, was sad to see them go.

View attachment 244418 View attachment 244420
Hard to pin what it may have been. Looks like it could have been cancerides or atrichomatus

obie

Arachnosquire

View attachment 244418 View attachment 244420
My female looked exactly like the male you posted. I almost hated calling her a sp green but that's what she was purchased as.

Ula

Arachnopeon
Hard to pin what it may have been. Looks like it could have been cancerides or atrichomatus
Hi I am going to buy P platus Do you have any pictures of yours? Are they good eaters? How big are they when they mature Thanks

NMTs

Spider Wrangler
Arachnosupporter +